PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a hip diaper bag for me?

ladybugsea
03-26-2005, 07:01 AM
I currently use the LE LT. I like to pack light and it has fit my needs well, until I switched to CDing. I can stuff the heck out of it with 'sposies, but can only stuff in maybe 3-4 CDs tops. I'd like my new bag to fit more CDs and maybe an extra toy. But I still don't want it huge and heavy (I already have the LE DIA for overnights). I'd like straps that can fit over my Zooper handles. I need something nicer for myself for a change that doesn't scream baby!! :) I just looked at Clutterbags and thought they were cute, but not sure if it's any bigger than my LT. Any suggestions?

jk3
03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I just purchased a backpack from Timi + Leslie. It's BEAUTIFUL and extremely practical. I can hang it on my Mac and it's easy to carry. There are a few pockets on the inside and one on the outside.

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

cartersmom
03-28-2005, 07:36 AM
I really like the bags from Periwinkle Baby. Mine fits comfortably over the stroller handles of my stroller and does not look like a traditional diaper bag.

http://www.periwinklebaby.com/Diaper_Bags.html

I also have a Petunia Pickle Bottom that I received as a gift which definitely does not work with the stroller.

ladybugsea
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for your replies. How long do the straps have to be to fit over stroller handles? Do many of these boutique bags work like that? And how about the tie or button closures? That's not a pain? I would think the ribbon would look worn out after a while.

cartersmom
03-29-2005, 07:20 AM
Mine from periwinkle baby has one large loop that fits over the bars of my umbrella stroller. It is open on the top which I like so I have easy access to everything I need, but I think you can get it with a velcro closure.

I would expect that if you had a ribbon closure it would look pretty worn out after a while.

ladybugsea
03-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Well I think I've narrowed it down to the Clutterbag 'China Birds' or the Periwinklebaby 'Violet Stripe' (same as the Clutterbag's Bermuda Stripe, it looks like). I think I like the Clutterbag look/sturdiness better, but the Periwinkle seems like it may be bigger and can definitely fit over the stroller.

ladybugsea
03-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Cartersmom: a bunch of questions, if you have the time.

- Can it be worn messenger style at all? When I have my hands full I like to wear my bag that way.
- When you say the bag hangs right on your hip, do you mean the bottom of it or the opening?
- Does the bag have a 'bottom' dimension, like a box, or is it just a seam at the bottom?

Thanks!

cartersmom
03-30-2005, 11:39 AM
The one I have can't be worn messenger style, but I got an email from them earlier this week saying that they were introducing a messenger style in April.

The bag hangs with the opening right by my hip and the bottom close to the bottom of my pants pocket.

It doesn't have a bottom like a box, but a seam at the bottom with pockets going up each side (3 pockets per side.)

ladybugsea
03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks. So it's like an envelope rather than a cereal box, then? I can't find any comments on this product anywhere except from you. How did you hear about it?

cartersmom
03-30-2005, 04:29 PM
I found a link to it on the June ivillage pregnancy boards. I just liked the way they looked and ordered one. There are a few comments there from gals who ordered them too.