PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting topic: best diaper bag for newborn and toddler

mattysmom
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
I was all set to order the LL Bean bag, and due to my procrastination, I've been burned! They're both back-ordered! I would get the touring bag but I like the extra pockets on the outside (those aren't on the touring bag, right?)

DS#1 is 2 and we've been happily using our SkipHop Duo for longer outings/meals out, but I think the bag will be too crowded with a newborn's "stuff". I am planning on nursing for a while, so that does cut back on what we'll need. But, remembering how many changes of clothes we could go through, etc. I'm looking for something bigger.

Of course the new Skip Hops are good options (although I'd love to see a real review from an expert like Mariana!) and I keep toying with the idea of a custom Timbuk2 (so it could match my growing stroller collection - which are all shades of gray, black and red).

I'm not a backpack person - but more of a messenger/sporty look. Am I forgetting about anything?

Thanks for any advice! DS#2 is due any day now and I'd love to order a bag soon!

todzwife
03-28-2005, 09:20 PM
The travel touring bag is EXACTLY like the diaper bag except it doesn't come w/ the changing pad...that is the ONLY difference :D

Chelsey333
03-29-2005, 01:03 PM
If you are looking for a day to day errand bag, I found the Loom Marsupial, Alpha 7, and even the Skip hop to be nice with a 2 yr old and a newborn. For longer outings out, I love my Mothership or the PPB boxy backpack. Now my baby is 10 mos. old and my 3 yr old is mostly potty trained, so I am finding I need less of a bag. The Alpha 7 is what I grab more often for my everyday needs, but even something smaller would be nice. I tend to change diapers in the mini van, so I hardly ever need a lot in the bag. The Skip Hop was great bec of all the pockets to put baby food, rattles, burp clothes. I could even fit 2 newborn outfits and a receiving blanket in it. I would only keep a spare outfit for my toddler in the car.

carolines mommy
03-31-2005, 01:42 AM
I really like my Alpha 7 and look forward to the fall when I can use it again (black cord not exactly a summer fabric). I bought an I'm Still Me So Big bag for this summer as I know I'll need the room with 2 in diapers. It was the closest I could find to the discontinued A7. It has good organization, the option to use as a messenger or a backpack and lots of exterior pockets.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea due April 05

mattysmom
03-31-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks for all of your replies. I ordered the LL Bean touring bag (in both colors - nothing like being indecisive) which I see as being my "whole day out" bag and using my skip hop duo for quick outings, etc. And I'm going to wait and see some reviews on the new skip hops - I might be tempted to get another one. And a new skip hop PLUS the LL Bean bag still is less than $100...