PDA

View Full Version : questions: LL Bean bags

knaidel
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
I am thinking of getting one of the LL Bean bags: either the diaper bag or the microfiber tote.

First off, can someone explain to me (or try their best, anyway) what the material is like on these two? What is "mini ripstop polyester?" For those own it, is it really durable? I;m imagining a thicker, tougher version of suit lining- know what I mean?
On the microfiber tote, I know it sounds stupid, but I'm not really sure that I know what microfiber is. Can someone explain it?

For those who have the microfiber tote, what do you do for a changing pad? Use one from another bag or something? A disposable? A blanket?

Today I saw a woman carrying a LE DIA bag. It seemed very boxy. Is the Bean diaper bag similar, or does it have a longer shape to it. It seems to me that if the LE bag is full, it might be uncomfortable to carry- just too big sideways- like the bag would always be bumping into things. Is the LL Bean bag boxy like that?

Is there anyone who has the bag in blue who might be able to take pictures? I say blue because its much easier to get an idea of it in a lighter color.

MommytoLayla
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM
HI I have the microfiber tote in black!!! But I don't use it as a diaper bag I use it to go to work everyday. It has tons of pockets and lots of room. The material is hard to explain, it is very durable and wipes clean very easily. I have thought about using it as a diaper bag but I don't know that much room from day to day. I think I might use it this summer for outings where I'll need to take more like towels and other summer stuff.
I just ordered the llbean diaper bag in black but it is on back order until JUne which really bums me out. I can't wait to get it!!!!! Sorry I couldn't be of more help just thought I would share what I can.. :)

Shannon

MommytoLayla
03-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh yah I forgot to tell you that I have the LE DIA and it is boxy and hard to carry when it is full. It seems to stick far out away from my body when on my shoulder, I don't use it anymore, it's more of a send my dd overnight bag now!!