PDA

View Full Version : Can someone post a review of their expo?

knaidel
03-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Has anyone received their expo yet? I am trying to decide between the dash and the expo. I like the colors of the dash better, but I'm gravitating towards the expo because of the expandable bottom.
So can anyone post a review of the expo? Joyce has done a mighty fine job of showing us all the ins and outs of her dashingly cute pink dash.

valdivan
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
I just got my Expo in the pink with fuschia and I love it! I used it this past weekend to go out of town as my carry on. Here is what I was able to fit into it and still have a little bit of room left over:

two from exterior pockets: cell phone, organizer, pens, misc. stuff
exterior back pocket: removed changing pad (fluffy but very small) and put in my travel wallet and my posh by tori wristlet.
Inside:
big flat pocket: legal pad and a good stack of work papers;
two smaller flat pockets: checkbook and a book
main inside compartment: my laptop which is a good size (15" screen) and the power cables which would have never fit BUT FOR THE EXPANSION at the bottom!!! And I still had room down in the expanded area for some more stuff if needed!
The two zippered pockets: more miscellaneous papers, my glasses, some snacks and my housekeys.

Carrying the bag was heavy, but my laptop is quite heavy - without the laptop and everything else, the bag is very comfortable and stands up on its own with the expanded bottom open.

I felt so cool walking around in the airport with it and so girly with the pink!! My complaints are:
the velcro in the pockets tore up my knuckles and fingers - as someone else posted, the scratchy part of the velcro is on the outer parts of the pockets and it just tore up my skin!
With my laptop in the center, and my checkbook and a book in the inside two flat pockets, it was very hard to get to anything down in the expanded bottom because the top doesn't expand - i would have the entire middle part expand instead of just the bottom. However, without the laptop, and with diapers wipes, etc...the expanded bottom makes more sense.

I would really like bottle pockets outside like the duo - the front pockets can be used for this, but I like to keep my mommy things in those pockets. I guess I could put my cell and wallet in the top zippered pockets and then use the front exterior pockets for bottles. We shall see.

Overall, I think it is a very unique bag and i dig it, especially the pink color - I am not a pink girl but i just love this bag! Even DH thought it was cool but for the pinkness..."it's so...pink!" I guess he won't be carrying it around!

ann

debbiet.
04-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi that bag sounds great!!!! The velcro is the same way on the duo and it does not bother me as it gets a bit "used"

I find with new velcro anywhere, there is a little trick you can do.
You can "fuzz up" the scratchy part, with something wool like an old scarf.
Enough that it still sticks but it is not so "new" but still sticks to the soft part.
If you do not like it, you can brush it out with a comb.

HTH
Deb