PDA

View Full Version : Snack holder on the go??? Need help

MommytoLayla
04-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Hello, I need everyones help. I have been using the snack baggies to bring snacks along in my diaper bag. What I am finding is that they often get crushed, like cheerios and puffs and crackers. I would like something to bring snacks along in that is not as small as the gerber plastic food things. I used those for awhile too but they don't hold enough snack now for my dd, she is almost one. I have Kecci which I have been using for a few weeks and love it but I don't want something too big that it will take all the space up inside. I also have on order an LL Bean bag so again I don't want the container to take up too much space.... ANY thoughts!!! Things you can't live without??

Thanks Shannon

Twin Mom
04-02-2005, 11:05 AM
You can either try the snack trap (do a search and I'm sure a bunch will come up) or try the item mentioned in the post below.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=20796&mesg_id=20796&listing_type=search

HTH.

Mikesa3
04-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Someone posted about a snack container from Target that can hold two snacks.Here's the link http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=20796&mesg_id=20796&listing_type=search
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

cchavez
04-02-2005, 02:56 PM
I use the sassy snack containers sold at Target and BRU.

pittsburghgirl
04-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I have snack traps and they work great for us (at the moment). DS hasn't figured out how to pull the lid off yet. They are messy... he takes handfuls of cheerios out and drops half of them, but I have tried other containers and he just dumps them out.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

audball
04-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I would second the snak trap for a one year old or thereabouts. The Sassy containers and the Target containers mentioned really are for older kids who can pick out one puff or cheerio at a time. If you stick to the bigger snacks (like puffs), you have less of a mess in the car. I think you can get them from onestepahead.com or snaktrap.com..

MommytoLayla
04-02-2005, 07:22 PM
What do you all think of maybe using my formula containers. The one with 4 sections and the flip top hole. I think the hole would be just big enough to let her snacks out. Do you think these would work. I just thought of it since we won't be using formula anymore soon. Maybe I'll have to go try!!

Thanks for all the ideas
Shannon

kseltmann
04-02-2005, 09:28 PM
No, you need to get a snack trap. They are the greatest invetion in our lifetime. The best part is that you can order real lids from snacktrap.com and they stay on while the snack is in your bag, that way you dont get crumbs in your beautiful bag. Then, when you are ready to administer the snack, you remove the lid and apply the snack trap lid. Then you go to BBB and get a couple of these if you don't already have one... http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bestbuybaby/babusebatoys.html
and that can attach one handle of the snack trap to the stroller or shopping cart seat cover that Cathy makes with the loop on it!
I am also a fan of the drink deputy, also available at snacktrap.com
Sad as it is, I feel that I am sometimes the gaget gugu of my mommy friends.
Good Times, Girls.
Kathryn

saschalicks
04-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I use mine right now, b/c DS is too young to get his snacks himself. I think that you should try this and see how it goes.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Snack Traps are at Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory for $3.99.

priscilla73
04-04-2005, 10:30 PM
The Snack Trap works great!

tigalig
04-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Shannon, you can absolutely use the formula container. I just saw one made by the same company (munchkin?) for snacks and I thought it was a formula container when I first saw it and wondered why they had snacks pictured on it. Since you already have one, you can just try that first and see how you like it.

nov02mom
04-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I like the Sassy snack cups.....My child needs variety so I can bring several along and not take up too much room!