PDA

View Full Version : Ellington Freeport Field Bag

callalillyanne
04-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Anyone know anything about this bag?

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/product_detail.lasso?-token.product_section=Freeport%20Travel%20Collecti on&-token.modelline=Freeport%20Travel%20Collection&-token.skip=1

It looks like it could function as a diaper bag....I was all set to go ahead and order myself an orange cord A7 this morning, when I was thrown by this bag. Does anyone think it can compete with the A7 for functionality and style?

I'm welcoming all opinions :)

TIA,
Anne A.

Mikesa3
04-06-2005, 08:36 AM
I like the looks but its only 3 inch deep so won't hold a lot. I think the Alpha is 4 1/2 inches deep.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

callalillyanne
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the input, Nancy! I was concerned about that too....I think the A7 is in the lead, LOL :)

priscilla73
04-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I've been looking at this, too. Looks like it will take you way beyond the baby stages!

callalillyanne
04-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I like it because it is different, looks like it is organized, looks like I would carry it for non-diaper purposes (like you said -goes beyond the baby stages!) and....it's attractive....as in, it's attractive and it's calling my name, LOL. Which color do you like, Priscilla?

priscilla73
04-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I really like the pink and the orange but I fear that I may tire of them or that they are too trendy. I'd probably end up getting the black one just because it would never go out of style, dh could carry it and I like the stitching on the black one.

priscilla73
04-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I was just staring at them on ebags.com

http://www.ebags.com/ellington/freeport_field_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=50694

And the pink is calling my name!!! It's so cute and screams summer! But would I get tired of it? Hmm, well, I guess one of my 2 girls could take it off my hands! LOL

callalillyanne
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
HA! I was going to say I like pink! ;) But I am a pink freak...
I was first stricken by the orange...but orange is another color I have a thing fir right now. Soooo I should probably not orange myself to death (if you didn't hear I ordered the orange cord A7!) and go with the pink...OR black. It's funny I was thinking before you posted that I do like that contrast stitching on the black!

LOL, listen to me talking in circles....

Keep me updated on what you decide! FWIW, I would go out on a limb and go for the pink...you could always switch up for the black come winter :) Hey, maybe I should follow my own advice, LOL! :)

hellokitty
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh, that one is cute, very summery looking esp with the bright colors! I've been eying a different ellington bag, it's not the most attractive, BUT looks really functional. Some ppl on ebags mentioned they have used it as a diaper bag before. Anyone seen this bag IRL?

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/product_detail.lasso?-token.product_section=Lightweight%20Travel&-token.modelline=The%20Traveling%20Woman&-token.skip=2

audball
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
This is a great bag! I don't own it, but I saw it IRL. The fabric is very durable and the interior looks like it will withstand a lot of spills. I think my only concern is that the magnetic snaps on the pockets may work too well! Which is great if you are a klutz like me and throw the bag around. The larger of the two is quite large and would be a good travel bag for baby (or babies) and for those who pack everything. The smaller version is a nice day tote.

Ellington is down the street from me and I'm trying to get Ed Elsasser (his wife started Ellington) to work on a group buy for us. I'll post here if I get the heads-up! :)

callalillyanne
04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Wait, there are two sizes? Now I have to go back to their site and look! More decisions :)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for that Ellington discount! Keep up the good work!

audball
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah..the small is pretty small - fine if you are a light packer for one or have a toddler. But it has a lot of organization! And certainly for quick trips, it's great.

Their webmaster is out until next week, so we can't start anything until then anyway. Poor Ed tried to do it himself and was unsuccessful :( ...

callalillyanne
04-14-2005, 06:30 AM
Hmm, I must think about this new size issue. I am kind of into big bags now so I may get the bigger one....we shall see!

That means I have at least a week to decide then, right? ;)

hellokitty
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting. Now, I'm REALLY interested, esp the larger size (baby #2 will be here at the end of summer). I actually really like magnetic snaps, b/c my bags always kind of tip over in the minivan, so I am always freaked that something will fall out of my bag, if it's a tote style. A group buy would be GREAT, hope it works out. :)

BTW, which fabric did you see this bag in, the nylon, microfiber or the khaki looking one (can't remember which fabric it was)?

audball
04-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Touched and felt them all! I'm sure they thought I was insane...The black microfiber was the one I was most interested in, so I spent more time examining it. It's really high quality...the other nylons were very nice too - really easy to withstand spills. I'm not sure which khaki one you mean..with the tote? It was just khaki colored, but let me know - because I'm sure I felt that one up too! ;)

hellokitty
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Oh good, the black microfiber one is probably the best color for me, I need to be somewhat practical with my diaper bag obsession, right? :) They have a khaki tote (not the beige nylon one) that looks just like the in flight tote series, BUT I think it has like leather trim or something around the edges... looks more eddie bauerish, if that makes any sense. Don't worry about it, I was just wanting to know which fabric it was that you thought looked durable, and I'm a microfiber fan anyway, so I'm happy to hear that was the one you were specifically referring too. Thanks for responding back. :)

Lol, now I have this image of a woman going around a bag store, "feeling up" bags. :)

boys2enough
04-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Links to see IRL pictures and reviews of the Inflight Bag...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20357&mesg_id=20357&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20251&mesg_id=20251&listing_type=search

HTH.

ETA: luggagepoint.com has 15% off Ellington bags right now, plsu free shipping for $50 and more orders. Not sure whether this makes their price the best though. So doublecheck elsewhere too.

http://www.luggagepoint.com/luggage_brand.asp?brand_id=12

In addition, on the same site, they have Wabags also for 15% off. :)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

hellokitty
04-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks Lin! It was good to hear someone else review the inflight bag. :)