PDA

View Full Version : Cart Covers - www.sewcuteboutique.com or www.chubbyseats.com?

suzhatch1
04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm torn between ordering from one of these 2 sites & am wondering if anyone can offer your feedback on experience from either of these as well as input on whether the items I'm wavering on should be this much of a consideration or not.

www.sewcuteboutique.com

Have heard great reviews & I even contacted Cathy with some questions about fabric and she was prompt to reply & super friendly. Her price is about $34.99 (incl pillow) + $6. shipping. My hang-up: Quilted batting is 1" thick & the fabric on the leg holes do not look like they extend beyond the shopping cart seat to help prevent babies legs from getting pinched under their thighs.

www.chubbyseat.com

Heard some really nice reviews too & I had the same experience emailing this owner/designer as well. Friendly, prompt, super informative. Her price is $35 (pillow is $5 extra) + $7. shipping. My hang-up: Quilted batting is more plush 2-3" thick & the fabric on these seat covers is supposed to extend through the shopping cart covers to help prevent babies legs from pinching.

For those who have ordered from sewcuteboutique.com - is the padding thick enough & does it get mashed and worn down over time? Do you ever notice your babies legs touching the cart seat or getting pinched because the fabric doesn't extend under their thighs enough?

Thank you all!

NatalieM
04-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I also just got a response from Cathy at scb and she explained to me that she doesn't do the little flaps for the baby's legs, but covers4kids does. I was trying to decide between scb, covers4kids and snazzyseat covers. I am leaning towards scb b/c Cathy is so great to deal with and I feel confident with her work based on all the great reviews from this board. I guess I am willing to overlook the fact about the flaps. Her price also includes the pillow, while others usually charge extra. I asked her about the batting and she said she does it in 10 oz, but she can also do it in 4 oz so its not as puffy. Either way she said it folds up real nicely.

I haven't heard of chubbyseat. I don't think you can go wrong with Cathy though. Good luck making a decision!

zapmansmom
04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
I just got my cover from SCB and love it!!! Cathy is great. I think if you go back a couple pages in the board you will find a post of rave reviews of her work. I would pick her. Very fast shipping and a great product.
Claudine~

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zachary)7 months

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24058.jpg

MarisaSF
04-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Sorry I don't know about the others (the CS link didn't work?), but my SCB cart cover is on my list of "best surprises"!!
I didn't think I'd ever get one of these cart covers, but I love it. Cathy was very nice, as other posters mentioned.

So far, I've always had DD in pants so I didn't worry about any touching/pinching. The thing I love about the cart cover is that EVERY thing DD would be able to chew/put her hands on is completely covered. I'd say that, if your concern is that germs from seat openings will get onto DC's legs/pants and then put into DC's mouth, the SCB is not your cover. (I'm neurotic about germs, but figure they're mostly on the handlebar -- one added advantage of the SCB is *I* don't need to touch the handlebar!!) If you're worried about pinching, with pants on there shouldn't be a problem.

The 1" batting makes the seat cover pretty cushy. I couldn't even imagine what 2-3" would look like. Also consider storage (in your trunk?); the SCB takes up a significant amount of room. You may want to add folded size to your investigation.

newmominaugust
04-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I can't tell you how much I love our shopping cart cover from SCB. We've only had it a short period but I've used it on grocery carts, Costco carts and restaurant high chairs. My DS actually fell asleep in it one time in TRU. He just kind of fell asleep sitting up.

I'm not sure if it stays fluffy and cozy bc we haven't had it for long but so far it's super cushy.

I need to get some business cards from Cathy bc I am always getting stopped to ask where I got my cover.

HTH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/newaugustmom/Dsc01217.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/newaugustmom/zynniaandajsparkle2.gif

Zynnia
Anthony Joseph 8/14/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050814/3/15/0/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

priscilla73
04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I've heard tons of compliments about the Sew Cute cover.

kcmom
04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi,

We've had the SCB cover since Christmas. DS and I really love it! The padding doesn't seem to be getting any thinner. We haven't had any pinching problem since DS always wears pants.

The www.chubbyseat.com link is not working. So I can't get a good picture of the covers. Would the extension make it more complicated to put the cover on and get the babies legs in?

suzhatch1
04-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Sorry about that - the original link I provided to Chubby Seats should have included an "s" at the end:

www.chubbyseats.com

The leg flaps don't look like they would be cumbersome at all when putting it on, it's just a little bit of extra fabric that looks like it goes all the way to the very edge of the cart seat (and supposedly just hangs over the edge) of the leg openings.

nov02mom
04-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about SewCute.....everyone seems to love them!!!!

nupe
04-13-2005, 04:59 PM
I've been searching/sifting through all the info on the wp bb regarding cart covers as well. I have my choice narrowed down to the sewcuteboutique vs covers4kids. Both have received excellent reviews on this web site, and I am sure I won't go wrong either way. However, I still have to make a decision (maybe based on fabric selection and availability in a timely manner?). Am I correct in understanding hte the scb has a pillow while the c4k does not?

Thanks,
Nupe

MichelleRC
04-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Another vote for SewCuteBoutique!
I had a Buggy Bag for DS#1 which finelly bit the dust after 2 years of use. For $25 cheaper the SCB is at least as nice, with tons more fabric choices and Cathy was a pleasure to deal with.

bluhimmy
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Can't say enough good things about Cathy at SCB. She custom made a cover for me earlier this year, and recently, bought another cover from her for a gift. Just yesterday, I sent out more fabrics to her for 2 more custom cart covers that I'm giving out as gifts. She's really wonderful to work with; super nice. Oh yeah, DS loves his cover, and we've never had a problem with the leg holes.

zins4me
04-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Cathy at Sewcute just sent me a picture of my finished seat cover. I picked out fabrics from Joanne Fabrics and sent them to her. Cathy was wonderful and always responded promptly to my emails. I decided to go with Sewcute after reading all of the positive posts about these seat covers here.

zins4me
04-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm trying to attach a picture of the cover. We'll see if it works.

suzhatch1
04-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Kristin - I got an error message trying to open your attachment. :( Too bad! I love seeing all the unique cart covers, it gives me so many ideas on what a finished one will look like.

I'm leaning toward Kathy at sewcute as well since her price is more reasonable, includes the pillows & everyone has such fabulous covers!! I'm wondering if she would do one in an asian brocade?? Hmmm...I have a Kecci diaper bag and would love a coordinating cart cover!! :)

zins4me
04-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Suz!
I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to post the picture. Too bad because it is really cute! Maybe my husband can help me figure it out later.
I'm sure Cathy could do whatever you want and help you to pick out a great material to match your bag.