PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Chester

KrisM
04-08-2005, 11:51 AM
I ordered this way back in the middle of January. The print I picked was discontinued, so I picked another, which was out-of-stock. I finally got it last weekend. I really like the looks of it. I was worried about the print (Blackberry) and whether I would like it or not. I do.

They also sent 2 cosmetic bags and a clear plastic bag with 2 burp cloths in it. I like the cosmetic bags and am using those. The plastic bag, I loaded with a spare diaper, cover, and Snappi and have it in the trunk of my car. Something I always meant to do, but hadn't.

So far, I'm liking the bag. I had been using a LE LT and this is enough bigger that I can easily carry food, a sippy cup, CDs, and a toy or two. I do wish the straps were a bit longer to make it easier to put on the stroller. Right now, I have it hanging on one handle (I have a Chicco Tuscany) and that's okay, but it makes me a bit wide!

Here is what I got:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24105.jpg

Thanks for everyone's help in picking out the bag!

Here is a better picture of the bag. Someone had asked for photos. The print is nice and subdued, I think. I was afraid it'd be a bit preppy for me. But, I like it a lot.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24106.jpg

nd93
04-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Very nice! I really like the blackberry, and the nylon fabric. I wish they were on the sale page! I'd get the frisco, for a change from my black bags. What is the inside like? Are there any extra pockets?

KrisM
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I was lucky. My original choice was one of the sale page items, and I was using the code posted here. When they were out, they let me pick any other pattern, even non-sale page. So, I got a great deal!

The inside is nothing much. It has 2 bottle pockets - one on each end. It has 2 pockets along the back side, too. The rest is just open. There is also a small cosmetic type bag attached to the bottom of the bag. I don't like a lot of pockets, so it's great for me.

I am using the small cosmetic bag for my stuff, the attached bag for diaper changing gear and first aid type stuff, and the larger cosmetic bag for feeding gear (spoon, bib, snacks). I put the small bag into one of the pockets so that I can just grab it and toss it in my car if I'm going out without the diaper bag. I carry a small purse on a string for my purse, so this works great for those little extras.

Right now, I have a sippy cup in one bottle holder, a rolled changing pad in the other bottle holder, my cosmetic bag in a pocket, and wet wipes (cloth) in a bag in the other pocket. In the main part, I have the larger cosmetic bag, a couple diapers, and his shoes. I still have room left over. It's really nice.

It also came with a drawstring bag and a diaper pad. I forgot to mention that. The pad looks nice, but I problably won't use it.

nd93
04-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Thank you! I did not know that this style had bottle pockets on the inside, I thought only the other one did. Could you possibly take a picture of the inside packed up?

Congrats on getting a good deal too! I love it when things like that happen.

mommamillie
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting these photos! I was just on their site wondering what these bags ACTUALLY look like.

I'm trying to decide between the Diaper bag and Diaper Tote. Any thoughts as to why you chose the Diaper bag? They look like they're about the same size

thanks!

KrisM
04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
When deciding between the two, I choose the Classic because:

1. The tote looks narrower at the top than the bottom and that would drive me nuts. I wanted good access to big spaces.

2. While outside bottle pockets would be nice, I liked the smaller outside pockets on the Classic better - for keys and easier to get to things.

3. I am not a pocket person, so I don't need all the inside pockets in the tote.

4. The tote is 1" deeper, which might make it less comfortable to wear on my shoulder - more bag under my arm.

Those were my reasons.

If you do a search in this forum, there are lots of pictures of Chesters - inside and out. You should be able to find better pictures of the fabric, and what the tote, classic, and backpacks look like. I'll try to do an inside photo later today.

nd93
04-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Ok, seeing your pictures really has me thinking of Chesters again. Does anyone know of any coupons? I think they had a free ship only, but was that for March?

nd93
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Also, do you think the outside pockets on your tote would hold a sippy cup? I think I prefer a zip top, but I really need easy access to my kids' waters so that's why right now I'd lean towards the tote w/the outside bottle pockets.

carolshi
04-09-2005, 02:13 AM
With the bag they shipped to me last week, they sent me a new coupon code for 20% off, which is CH0305. I believe that for the sale items (all priced at $60) it turns out to be the same as the January deal, which was 10% off and free shipping - because shipping is $6. So it's $12 off either way.

HTH!

priscilla73
04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
The Blackberry is so cute! I will put that on my Wish List!

nov02mom
04-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Oh no!!! I thought I had gotten over my lust for this blackberry, but now you have to post this!!! It is sooooo pretty!
Thanks!!!!

callalillyanne
04-09-2005, 09:41 PM
I must admit, it is purdy :) Now that I see the pics I think that the classic would be a good size for me...simply because I am still packing a good deal with my 4 mo. old!

I had kind of gotten distracted and strayed from the chesters but now I am going to go back and browse again! Thanks for the review!

The old addage: So many bags, so little time....LOL

:) :)

nd93
04-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Thank you *so* much for the coupon code! I think you are pushing me over the edge! But what to get? I am a black bag gal. I like zipper tops. So why am I considering the diaper tote in Strawberry?!? I really like the idea of the 4 bottle pockets. I cannot justify another blackish bag (like blackberry, even though I really like that pattern) - I have so many. The plaid on the frisco is big, I don't know if I'd like that. I like the smaller plaid of the straw and black berries. What to do? I think I'd really prefer nylon over vinyl, so that rules out a lot of the sale page.

Also, I was pushed a bit by the OP saying her tote was just a big bigger than her LT. That's exactly what I've been wanting. I have an old old old style LT w/no bottle pockets.

nov02mom
04-10-2005, 05:15 PM
hehehe.....it doesn't take much to lead us into temptation does it????

callalillyanne
04-10-2005, 05:26 PM
LOL Kristen, I guess not! ;)

mommamillie
04-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks so much!! this is so helpful.
Best,
Millie

mommamillie
04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks so much!! this is so helpful.
Best,