PDA

View Full Version : Help- LE DIA diaper bag

August
04-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I was planning on getting a LE DIA diaper bag for long trips. (my husband and I travel A LOT and for long periods of time). I will probably get the Baby Sherpa for my husband and get another bag like the LE DIA to complete the backpack for long travels.

I read the reviews for the LE DIA, and I'm really confused! So PLEASE HELP!!!
I saw a post of when the first version of the new bag came out, and was really dissapointed. At that time, it didn't have a strap on it. Is it still like that???

To the ones that have the LE DIA, are you satisfied with it?

I checked for another bag that could do the job. So far, I have found this:

LL Bean bag:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=39544&from=GM&noDept=&guideId=7753&moduleId=7758&feat=gg380000
http://cdn.llbean.com/products/travel_gear_apparel/39544/images/M39544_Royal.jpg

And from Eddie Bauer:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=20496&nv=5|21474|209&lview=&cm_cg=C209&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i003

http://images.eddiebauer.com/is/image/EB/IS1_230356_712C_deb?wid=300&hei=300&fmt=jpeg&qlt=75,0&op_sharpen=1&resMode=trilin&op_usm=0.5,1.0,0.0,0

Does any one has seen or own these bags???

Thank you so much for your help girls, I really need it!

Laela
04-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I have a new DIA (the new ones have the long strap) and I only use it for diapers and wipes when I travel. I could never fit in all the outfits I needed along with the diapers ... but I do tend to overpack! Still, it is a nice bag, and I also use it when going on visits because I can stuff it full of toys!

HTH!

August
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks
I will be using this bag with another one too, so I guess it could work.
I was wondering, what are the divisions inside?
From what I can see on their web site, there is 4 mesh pocket total, and a middle pocket. Is this one removable?
Is there other compartment inside the bag?
And as far as outside goes, I can see there is a pocket in the front. IS there pockets for bottles on the sides of the bag?

TIA!

Laela
04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
There are 6 mesh pockets inside; 3 on each side, and 1 removable middle zipper (I guess for dirty diapers, but I don't use it at all). They consist of 4 small mesh pockets, where I can fit Avent bottles, lotions, jars of baby food, etc. The 2 larger pockets can take a wipes container and diapers.

There are no pockets for bottles on the side of the bag. The pocket in the front has 2 mesh pockets for a cell phone and wallet and other things of the nature. It also has a key fob. And then on the other side there is a pocket that holds the changing pad.

August
04-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the descriptive info.

I just wanted to know if somebody had other suggestions or comments on this bag.
Thank you

audball
04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I tried this bag after purchasing it at my local Sears store. I was very impressed with it's size (which could be a good or bad thing!) and I liked the "doctor's bag" opening. But when I stuffed the bag, it was hard to not open the bag and have the middle section pop out of the snaps. And while I liked the pockets, I wasn't too happy with the mesh material - it caught on every little toy, spoon, and small object possible! The lining was great, because you could see everything...

It was fine to wear, mainly because of the long strap and I wore it messenger style, but it was heavy - probably because I wasn't balancing it correctly. But it did hold everything and it was durable as all get out - I would have had no trouble throwing this thing under the plane seats.

In the end, I returned it and stuck by my Timbuk2 messenger. I realized though, that I needed something big and organized. You may want to consider:
1. Timbuk2 medium bag with some organizing bags (inexpensive ditty bags you could even make!)
2. Posh Baby Diaper bag (huge! 12x14x6 with tons of pockets - black interior though)
3. Skip Hop Dash (smaller but I think stuffable and with lots of organization)

In the end, I returned it, bec

dules
04-11-2005, 11:17 AM
I have the first DIA bag and I only use it for travel. It reminds me of a Dr's bag, with only a grab handle and no shoulder strap. I do like the light blue interior and mesh pockets, makes it easy to find things. But for us it is truly limited to a car-travel bag because of the strap issue.

Best,
Mary