PDA

View Full Version : Looking for picture of Chester tote

nd93
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Does anyone have a picture they could post of themselves wearing the Chester diaper tote? I've seen several pictures of just the bag, but I'd like to have a better idea of how it sits on the body. I found an old post where someone said it was as big as a mothership - is it really that big?

TIA!

callalillyanne
04-11-2005, 05:45 PM
I took some pics of me wearing my Chester tote in Florette. Because I am still correcting technical difficulties I am having with posting pics on this board, I have attached a link where you can see the photos below.

http://photos.yahoo.com/callalillyanne

Sorry if they are not the best! I had to take them in the upstairs bathroom mirror and needless to say it's not the best picture taking environment! :)

Anyway, I don't think it is as big as a Mothership. The depth of the bag is probably just as big (if not bigger), but the configuration of the bag is different from the Mothership. It is not a messenger (like the MS) and clasps with a snap. Also, the fabric and laminate covering on the Chester are lighter and don't make it as bulky as the MS, IMO. If you are looking for a really light bag, this is the one for you! This bag sits really really well on the shoulder. I am tall, and didn't have a problem with the straps being too short. The bag sits really nicely under the body- you would forget it's there!

HTH you! Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know...

nd93
04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Anne,

Thank you *so* much for taking the time to do that! Sigh, this is such a frustrating decision. I have an old old LT that I love, but with 3 kids I need something a little bigger, something with bottle pockets. I do not want a large bag, like a MS. The 4 bottle pockets in the Chester tote sound appealing, one each for the kids and me! But the bag does look really deep in those pictures. I want to get one of the nylon ones, I'm not a vinyl person. The new Sling Tote looked interesting, but only one bottle pocket, and again the vinyl.

I'm seriously thinking of taking some paper and making a bag in those dimensions so I can "try it on" myself.

I don't know if the perfect bag is out there for me. :(

But thank you soooooooo much for the photos. I will be staring at them for a while now!

callalillyanne
04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
My Pleasure taking the pics, I know what it is like to have heartache over a bag decision! LOL.

Maybe you should get the tote in one of the nylon fabrics? I'm thinking that in one of the nylon fabrics it would collapse a bit and not seem so deep. IMHO, this is a great medium sized bag!

Also, they have sling totes available in ballistic nylon in two colors, a green and a black. Of course, if you want more bottle pockets, it might be an issue...

Let me know if you have any additional questions! And don't be ashamed to make the bag out of paper! I have seriously considered it myself before, LOL :)