PDA

View Full Version : Please Please Please HELP my head is spinning!

cp5
04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
I've read through all the posts twice trying to figure this out. I'm new to diaper bags...well I never knew that this world existed! I'm sure my dh wished I never discovered it! :)

I currently have a baby bjorn backpack which I like but I seem to have to search for things a lot so am looking for something with a little more organization.

I do like having my hands free with the backpack! I don't like big bags...the mothership is to big for me. I've looked and looked and just can't come up with anything...! I plan to buy just one for now and then maybe ease my way into more! :) My son is 10 months old and I do pack toys, bottles, etc but not to much extra stuff.

Thanks in advance,

CP

candybomiller
04-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Have you thought about trying a skip*hop? I just received my dash in the mail today and I'm in love!!

Check out www.expressivetoys.com. Jen is amazing. :)

MichelleRC
04-12-2005, 06:57 AM
The Chester Backpack is an option-- nice size and really lightweight. Timi & Leslie also makes a great backpack which is bigger than the Chester.
There are also a few bags that convert from messenger style to a backpack (Kecci, Posh Baby, Fleurville's Alpha 7 which has been discontinued but you can sometimes find one around)
I also have a Skip Hop which is well organized and not too big.
Happy Shopping!

cp5
04-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your response! I have been looking at the Timi and Leslie backpack but it seems really small? Can anyone tell me how big it is and how much it can hold? What is the organization in it? I usually carry toys, sippy cup, snacks and sometimes his food for lunch or what not, extra clothing, a few wash clothes, a small receiving blanket, 3 diapers, wipes, formula, and usually 2-3 bottles.

These are the prints I've been looking at Jules, Lee, and Mia. I also like the petunia pickle bottoms really cute designs but they seem bulky and also I'm sure the fabric won't stay clean for long.

Thank you all in advance for you help! The search is still on so please help!

Thanks,

CP

callalillyanne
04-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I would recommend the Fleurville Alpha 7, as another pp said. It is looking like it will be discontinued, but if you call Fleurville they still have a few left in some colors...also they are out there at a few web vendors...They have an orange cord one from cb2.com which I just got yesterday and love!

I think this bag might be good for you because it is smaller than the mothership, can be worn either messenger or backpack style, and has good organization. I am sure other A7 owners here could give you an even better idea of what it is like to use.

HTH,
Anne

audball
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
The cb2.com site is out of the orange cord A7s :(...just thought you should know. It was a great price - they usually run around $119.00/

The T*L backpack is pretty huge - to me anyway, since I love the Chester backpacks usually, I use my T&L when I need more space or want a "pretty bag". Here's an interior shot:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24266.jpg

Interior organization:
-outside zip pocket for mommy stuff
-two key clips inside
-exterior, side zip access
-two front interior pockets (deep enough for dipes, wipes case
-one zippered interior pocket in back (smaller items)
-one insulated bottle pocket

What I like about this style is that with the drawstring top, it's actually like a bucket-bag. You can put your necessities on the periphery and big stuff, like a change of clothes, snacks, sippy, etc. in the main part of the bag.

But no exterior bottle pockets. This bag could easily holds our 4 dipes, wipes case, meds case (for DS), small clutch for toys, keys, changing pad (although I use a more compact one than the one they provided), 3-4 containers for snacks, hand sanitizer, sippy cup, bib, jar of food, spoon,...pretty much the whole kit and caboodle. I don't pack a lot of extra clothes in my bags - just leave them in the car.

This is a pic of the "new" Mia color. It's actually a much deeper copper:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/24267.jpg