PDA

View Full Version : Rec'd my SkipHop Dash yesterday!! review

jasabo
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Overall, I LOOOOVE it!! I got the chocolate with pink piping, which is really pretty and will be great at covering up the messes that are sure to find their way onto the bag.

The pockets are fabulous! Very similar to the A7 except there's an additional zipper pocket along the entire front and there are two large pockets on the outside front instead of 3 small. I really love the pockets and am very happy with the organization.

I also really like the handle on top which makes it very easy to grab off the floor of the car, similar to a briefcase. The bag stands up great fully packed too.

I fit everything from my new LLBean bag, which had fit everything from my Mothership, if that gives you an idea. It's just a tad on the small side for me - I can only fit one change of clothes in - but it's actually nice b/c it's more streamlined and compact then the MS or Bean bag and nowhere near as bulky. So I can deal with the space. Also, I'm sure I'll be carrying less as the boys get older. For one child though, it would be more then enough room I think.

My only complaint is the velcro, which others have complained about. It's attached with the sticky, hard part on the bag rather then on the flaps like all the other bags I have, so I'm always scraping my hands on it which really does sting after a while. I had some velcro in my sewing box and cut pieces to stick over the sticky velcro in the pockets which has helped, and I don't need to velcro the pockets shut anyway so it's no biggy. But I wish they'd have done it the opposite way or even skipped the velcro in the pockets all together.

Other then that, it's a great bag and I highly recommend it, especially if you're an A7 or LL Bean bag fan.

Lisa - mom to 22 month old twin boys

audball
04-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the review, Lisa...the more I hear about this bag, the more I think I'm sold! :) I only wish I could see one IRL (no stores around here carry it yet), because the velcro issue is the only thing that really may bug me. I sold my OiOi Messenger to a friend here because of the velcro on the side bottle pockets. But that was only occasional use - I can imagine if it's the main flap, how it may be more of an issue...

Wow! It sounds like it has a ton of space too. I know how much you loved your A7, so this does sounds like a nice substitute/replacement!

newmomto1
04-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Any chance you can post a picture?
I got my Charcoal Dash a couple days ago.
I like it a lot.
I am *thinking* of getting another color down the road & the choclate is one of the ones I was considering :-)

MomTo5
04-13-2005, 09:53 AM
It is a great bag. I got the Dash in Ice Blue and I love it too. Although I haven't had any problems with the velcro. Maybe you get used to it. Anyway,congratulations!

Melissa

callalillyanne
04-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Anyone who has the chocolate, I would love to see a pic of it. I just posted my review of my manhattan portage messenger (and just recieved my A7 the other day!) so I do not "need" this bag, but the more I hear, I am really starting to want it! I saw one IRL at Nordstrom, and thought it was a little smaller than I was expecting it to be, but now I am thinking it could be good again, lol. I'll have to find a way to talk myself into it ;)

Anyone out there wanna tell me why this bag is *different* than the two mentioned above? Thought I'd give it a shot ;)

TIA and nice review Lisa, thanks!