PDA

View Full Version : SkipHop for non-stroller mama?

lilymom
04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Hello! I am pretty new to all of this, but starting to learn my way around! I have a 14 month old DD and currently use a kecci shanghai. I like it, but it is looking REALLY beat up after only a few months of use. (guess that's what I get for only using one bag all the time :)

I really want something durable with great organization and the option of wearing it messenger style.... and under $100 would be great :)

I have read all the raves about the skip hops, but my big hang up is that we rarely ever use a stroller. Is the skip hop a great all-around bag, or is there something better if I don't plan to use the stroller feature?

Also thinking about the LL bean bag. I might try to check that out in the store, if I can find it!

TIA!!
Megan

mom2aidan
04-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I have the skiphop dash and I love carrying it with me. It's so stylish, doesn't look like a diaper bag. Plus I love that it's a messenger since it's frees up my arms to push stroller or hold my DS. And I just love how you can fit everything in this bag.

Canna
04-15-2005, 12:40 PM
I love my regular Skip Hop. I bought it for the stroller and so DH could carry a diaper bag, but it turns out that it is my favorite. (Also have a Kecci and PPB.) The Skip Hop is a great size and shape for carrying messenger style. It is light and I like the organization.

Sarah1
04-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Megan,

I just ordered a Skip Hop (Duo in Denim) but never take long walks in a stroller. Audrey gave that up a long time ago! I have two friends who have this bag (in corduroy) and I've just fallen in love with it. I love the shape and size of the bag--it isn't bulky and it looks really comfortable worn messenger-style, so it leaves your hands free. I also have a backpack but I don't like how I have to take the backpack OFF my back to get something out of it. To me, messenger style is perfect!

HTH :)

lilymom
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks so much for your help ladies!! Now I just need to decide which color and style... :) I'm mainly debating between the dash and the duo.

Thanks again!

lilymom
04-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks so much for your help ladies!! Now I just need to decide which color and style... :) I'm mainly debating between the dash and the duo.

Thanks again!

amp
04-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I hardly ever use the stroller anymore, and we still use the Skip Hop Duo daily. It is great as a messenger, although I just tend to wear it on one shoulder, rather than messenger style, and we love being able to clip it to shopping carts too! And when we do use the stroller, it's nice to keep the bag out of the basket to make room for more stuff. Plus, it's easier access to stuff when we do use the stroller at places like the zoo (like snacks!), so we don't have to bend down and dig for stuff!

amp
04-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I hardly ever use the stroller anymore, and we still use the Skip Hop Duo daily. It is great as a messenger, although I just tend to wear it on one shoulder, rather than messenger style, and we love being able to clip it to shopping carts too! And when we do use the stroller, it's nice to keep the bag out of the basket to make room for more stuff. Plus, it's easier access to stuff when we do use the stroller at places like the zoo (like snacks!), so we don't have to bend down and dig for stuff!

mamaAnn
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
We very rarely use a stroller (I sling baby mostly)and I just got the blue camo Expo-it's a great bag and easy to wear messenger style or as a shoulder bag. It's too big for everyday as a purse but for real outings that I need more stuff it's great with 3 kids-plenty of rm for a few dipes, wipes, change of clothes, snacks, and my wallet/cell phone. I really like that I can make it wider at the bottom too. The fabric is definitely not going to look worn soon either-very durable.
I leave it in the car all the time for everyday use.
Good luck
Ann