PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed for everyday bag for 2 kids....

sophiesmom
04-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I am currently using my LE Little Tripper (4 years old). It's just a bit too small for what I need.... My kids are almost 4 (potty trained) and almost 2 (peeing on potty sometimes but who knows when real potty training will happen!). I usually carry change of clothes for each, diapers, wipes, snacks, sippy, hand wipes, etc...

I initally thought I'd get a backpack to use (I'd like 2 side pockets for sippy cups). Thought would be great for the boardwalk this summer since we'll probably use umbrella strollers, but in general I take my DUO when we're out, so would have to put the backpack in the basket, which would take up precious space for.... my shopping bags! ;-)

After reading these posts, I'm wondering if a Skip Hop Duo would be better for me. There is also a new Vera Bradley bag out, which has inside pockets, adjustable strap, and 2 side pockets. Although I dont know how well the VB bag would hold up.

Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks!

emmiem
04-16-2005, 02:37 PM
This might be obvious but if you use a backpack, why do you put it in the stroller basket? I use a Kate Spade backpack and wear it on my pack regardless of if I am using a stroller or not. I have a 4 yo and a 16 month old. I never carry an extra outfit. I figure I can buy something if necessary, I guess and keep 2-3 diapers, wipes, some snacks, and my things in the pack. I do have extra diapers, wipes, cups, straws, and snacks in the trunk.

The Vera Bradley bag looked nice irl. I don't care for the prints. I also love my Bumble messenger bag for when I need more room.
Michele

sophiesmom
04-16-2005, 03:14 PM
I guess when i think of having a backpack, i would only put it on my back when i needed to.... eg. carry one of the kids, or somewhere where we didn't have the duo w/ us.

for the VB bag there is one that is not considered a diaper bag, but could be used for the kids, I don't know the style name, i think the strap can be adjusted....