PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Expo vs Duo

Heatherty3
04-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I've read a lot of posts on this site. I'm looking for a diaper bag big enough for a 2.5 yr old (not yet potty trained) and a newborn. I think I'm sold on a Skip Hop bag, but now I don't know which one to get. I know it's between the Expo and the Duo. For those of you that have them...what do you like and dislike about each design? Which one do you think would be better??

Thanks so much for your help!
((HUGS))
Heather

Wife_and_mommy
04-17-2005, 11:05 AM
If you do a search you'll find a wealth of info. I was debating the same and decided to go with the Duo. There are moms on this board that do fine with it for two children. I'm not even pregnant yet and don't know when I will be so I decided to go with the Duo. I figure I can upgrade to the Expo if need be in the future.

Sorry I'm not more help but if you do a search I think it'll help you much more. :)

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Yeah! We made it a year!

Wife_and_mommy
04-17-2005, 11:11 AM
After thinking about it a little if I already had the two children(like you do) I would definitely have gone with the Expo. They didn't have the color I loved though so that's one of the reasons I stuck with the Duo. There are a couple of things the Duo has that the Expo doesn't, but again you can do a search to find those.

Hth,

E

mom to dd 4/5/2004

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Yeah! We made it a year!

Heatherty3
04-17-2005, 01:21 PM
E-

Thanks for the help. I've done a search and looked at lots of pictures. I still can't decide which one would be better. I do like the fact that the Duo has the outside mesh pocket and the phone pocket...and that the front 2 pockets don't have flaps. UGGG...decisions decisions! lol

((HUGS))
Heather

neocorgi
04-17-2005, 01:49 PM
i have the denim Duo. it's front and exterior side pockets are a little different than the canvas and cord Duo. i love my Duo. it's my everyday bag. it definitely keeps me organized. as far as choosing between the Expo and Duo, i like the Duo better (especially the denim's design). i can put a bottle of Dr. Browns wide neck bottle or a water bottle in each of the side pockets. in the future, a sippy cup can easily fit there. i know the Expo has the expandable side feature. i guess that could be a plus...but that eliminated those side pockets. i'm a heavy packer and the Duo is just perfect for most of my outings. i'm just not sure if it'll be big enough for 2 kids. if i were to get another Skip*Hop, i prefer the dash better. i'm not sure if this is any help but i'm sure our Expo owners could give you some feedback on their new bags.

Heatherty3
04-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks so much for the reply! I know I won't need much for my older son. Just a couple pullups, sippy cup, and some kind of snack. Everything else will be newborn stuff. Sometimes now I don't even take a diaper bag with me if it's a short trip. I'm now using the small Eddie Bauer bag and it's been great, but I don't really love it enough to buy another. It's starting to wear out. So, I want something that has more organization but not too big. I'm just scared the Dash will be HUGE. KWIM?

Thanks again
((HUGS))
Heather