PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a diaper bag to wear with a pouch/sling

KathleenSLP
04-17-2005, 11:21 AM
For those of you who baby wear with a pouch or sling, what type of diaper bag do you use? I plan to baby wear more often than use my stroller so I feel this will be an important buy for comfort and convenience.

Thanks!

Wife_and_mommy
04-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm....Well, I'll tell you what I did the first year because I wore my dd alot when we were out. The first eight months I used the Bjorn and the the last four I've used a sling.

First thing is the diaper bag usually got carried in one hand until we got where we were going, i.e. Walmart, grocery store, and then it went into the cart. If we went to the mall or elsewhere, I always started out with the stroller and carried the sling/Bjorn in the basket so when she wanted to be held it was available. I didn't take the stroller sometimes but dh was usually with me so he could carry the bag.

There were very few times, if any, that I was carrying the bag and thought that it was uncomfortable/inconvenient.

I should also add that I didn't use an infant carseat so it was either the Bjorn or the stroller. I don't know if you have specific plans regarding it but it worked out really well for me.

Hth,

E
dd 4/5/04

Canna
04-17-2005, 09:02 PM
I think a messenger-style bag works best. I have used both a Skip Hop and a Kecci worn messenger-style for this purpose. Both worked out well. I put the messenger bag on first going one direction and then the sling over it going the other way.

hapahaolegirl
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I use my Land's End Little Tripper when I sling my daughter. I wear her in a pouch and just wear my LT messenger style on me. It works out really well! I have both hands free and I can access everything in my bag for purchases, etc.

Kristen

mamaAnn
04-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I use a small messenger style most of the time and sometimes a shoulder tote with wider shoulders so it stays put.
I find that bags that open at the top like the Skip Hop Duo/Expo work best so you don't have to mess with flippingup the front flap to get at your things.

Slingin_Momma
04-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I've used bags worn messenger style and backpacks and those seem to work best...unless you are obvioulsy doing a back carry.

KathleenSLP
04-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think we will go with the Skip Hop Expo.

Is there a good site to buy these from?

mamaAnn
04-19-2005, 10:12 AM
The ones I know of:
www.expressivetoys.com
www.happydaybaby.com

I'm sure there are others....

lilymom
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi! I think I am going to go ahead and get the expo, too! We hardly ever use a stroller... mostly slings, and I love a messenger style bag for slinging!

I originally was thinking of the dash, but after reading mamaAnn's post, I realized that she is def right... not having to deal with that extra "flap" is a big plus when wearing baby and bag :)

cartersmom
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I really like my Periwinkle Baby bag for slinging. I wear it messenger style and wear the sling over it. We're doing alot of walking right now to get me back into shape and it is very comfortable and easy to get to everything I need quickly.

http://www.periwinklebaby.com/diaper-bags.html

Slingin_Momma
04-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Free shipping on all skip*hops at www.expressivetoys.com and Jen is SOOO nice and has great CS.