PDA

View Full Version : Looking for smaller version of the Expo/Duo

mamaAnn
04-18-2005, 01:50 AM
I've got the new Expo and it will be great on our longer outings but I'm looking for something smaller I can use as my "purse" for everyday. I really like the design and all the pockets but I want version that is about half that size. Microfiber, nylon or the canvas is preferred and I really want that top opening. I wear a sling everyday and it's a pain to always flip up the messenger flap that I have now. The top opening would be so much easier to reach into.
I only need rm for my wallet, cell phone, snack baggie, 1 dipe/wipes and small changing pad. An outide mesh pocket would be a plus but not required. It does need the longer messenger stap or the sling type design that will work well on my shoulder and stay put.
Thanks for any leads
Ann

mamaAnn
04-18-2005, 01:50 AM
I've got the new Expo and it will be great on our longer outings but I'm looking for something smaller I can use as my "purse" for everyday. I really like the design and all the pockets but I want version that is about half that size. Microfiber, nylon or the canvas is preferred and I really want that top opening. I wear a sling everyday and it's a pain to always flip up the messenger flap that I have now. The top opening would be so much easier to reach into.
I only need rm for my wallet, cell phone, snack baggie, 1 dipe/wipes and small changing pad. An outide mesh pocket would be a plus but not required. It does need the longer messenger stap or the sling type design that will work well on my shoulder and stay put.
Thanks for any leads
Ann

nfowife
04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
How about this one from Old Navy? I bought it and then decided to return it and get a Dash (when they come out with a newer one) but it was only $10 at that time and it's down to $8 now! It is pretty small (meant to be a large purse) but it fit my changing pad kit from the first years and had room left over for all the stuff you need to stick in there. Not a ton of pockets as it isn't meant for a diaper bag, a nice velcro pocket on the front for your wallet and/or cellphone. Plus the bottom expands similar to the new expo if you need to stuff it a bit more. It comes in a bunch of colors and has the messenger/adjustable strap.
Good luck!
http://secure.www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=200501&wpid=274995

nfowife
04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
How about this one from Old Navy? I bought it and then decided to return it and get a Dash (when they come out with a newer one) but it was only $10 at that time and it's down to $8 now! It is pretty small (meant to be a large purse) but it fit my changing pad kit from the first years and had room left over for all the stuff you need to stick in there. Not a ton of pockets as it isn't meant for a diaper bag, a nice velcro pocket on the front for your wallet and/or cellphone. Plus the bottom expands similar to the new expo if you need to stuff it a bit more. It comes in a bunch of colors and has the messenger/adjustable strap.
Good luck!
http://secure.www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=200501&wpid=274995

mamaAnn
04-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey thanks! That's very similar to my current purse but bigger which is just what I needed.
Now I'm off to shop Old Navy and spend too much money I'm sure... :)
Ann

mamaAnn
04-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey thanks! That's very similar to my current purse but bigger which is just what I needed.
Now I'm off to shop Old Navy and spend too much money I'm sure... :)
Ann