PDA

View Full Version : Ellington Bags Discount Update....(X-posted in Bargains)

audball
04-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone, I got a confirmation that Ellington Leather/Handbags Discount Sale will be on for the first two weeks in May! :) BBB members will get a 30% discount off *all* items in their catalog. I'll provide you with all the details a little later. So start saving money now! - This was to prevent some of you paying list - if you can hold on for a few weeks, you'll get some big savings!

If you all have not heard about these bags, I can attest to their quality and function. Their leather bags are very beautiful, but it’s their In-Flight Totes and Tripper Tote Pack that caught my eye for travel diaper bags. They are really easy-care bags, with lots of compartments, and great colors for spring and summer. Here are a couple of posts from some folks who have purchased the bags:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20251&mesg_id=20251&listing_type=search

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20357&mesg_id=20357&listing_type=search

I’ve been to the store quite a few times. I told Ed Elsasser (one of the owners) that I would be happy to field most of the questions for the gang, since he may get overwhelmed with bag dimension questions, “look and feel” questions, etc. So please PM me if you have specific questions.

Anyway, you can check them out at www.ellingtonleather.com !

jasabo
04-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh boy - I could do some serious damage to my bank account with this sale.... Wooohooo! Thanks for arranging. I'm off to start my list :)

Lisa - mom to 22 month old twin boys

bubbaray
04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I couldn't PM you, not sure why.

Anyway, can you ask if all the colors of the In-flight Tote (large size) come with the shoulder strap? Or is it just the purple and kiwi??

Also, what is the shipping cost? I can't figure it out from their website.

Thanks for organizing this!

TIA

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

audball
04-21-2005, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure why you can't PM me either - I didn't think that I had anything disabled..(hmm..).

I was told that all the colors have the shoulder strap *except* the older colors (blue, grey, bamboo).

Shipping cost is about $5-$8/bag...they do a true shipping cost based the method of shipment you have chosen and total weight of your order. So the $5-$8 is a guesstimate for one of their bags. But they ship UPS, which is fairly reasonable; 3-5 days for west coast and 7-10 days for east coast.

HTH!

Mikesa3
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I want the blue but only with a shoulder strap. I wonder if they will have it when they sell out of the old style...
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

audball
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
There is a section where you can add a note when you place your order. But from what I understand (and I can double-check closer to the sale), the Spring 2005 colors are black microfiber, kiwi, purple, and red, which will all have the messenger strap.

Because the black and the red are from a previous season, you may have to denote that you want a strap (a newer model) in the notes section. But I think the blue, yellow/bamboo, and the sage grey may only be available without the strap :(...but I'll check...

mollymcmommy
04-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!

I saw the bamboo-yellow Tripper Tote used as a diaper bag in a magazine a while back and have been searching for a good deal ever since (never found one). 30% off makes it affordable and reasonable now! Let us know when to start ordering.

Andrea

audball
04-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks for clarifying that "bamboo" is yellow! Duh...I feel like an idiot :)..

They said that the Tripper Tote was in an issue of Parents Magazine...

mollymcmommy
04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes, that must have been the magazine. It was such a cute picture, with a stuffed monkey doll hanging out the top.

Have you seen the bamboo color IRL? In the magazine it appeared a warmer yellow, but on the Ellington website, it looks more of an acid-y yellow.

audball
04-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I personally think it's a warmer yellow. But then again, I'm used to loud colors :)...I love orange and bright red...

zsuzsu
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Have you seen the holister duffel? I need a bag to take on an airplane trip. Do you think this would do the trick? If not, any suggestions? I did a search but nothing good came up.

tks
Susan

audball
04-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I did actually! It's a very nice bag, but H-U-G-E...are you planning on using it as a diaper bag or as the primary bag for packing...For a large travel/diaper bag, I would actually recommend the In-Flight Tote (large size), it's very lightweight compared to the Hollister - which is canvas and leather (very handsome, though).

The Hollister duffel is definitely an overhead bin bag - and even then, with flying these days, the flight attendants may make you check it in.

zsuzsu
04-27-2005, 08:50 AM
thanks for the advise. My only problem with the inflight is - it doesn't appear to have a top closure. Does it? I hate when a bag topples over and everything falls on the floor.

audball
04-27-2005, 09:10 AM
The main compartment has a zip closure. The exterior pockets have some compartments which are zippered and some with magnetic snaps that are stronger than strong, IMO! Because the bag is pretty deep (particularly the larger size), it's pretty good about standing up.

You can see interior photos on the ebags site:
http://www.ebags.com/ellington/in_flight_tote_black_microfiber/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=19143

zsuzsu
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
tks for the info. I'll be ordering it next week.