PDA

View Full Version : Designer/Stylish Diaper Bags

clc053103
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I am ISO a very stylish, designer diaper bag that is still functional. I have seen the reccs for bags with great function (Skip hop, etc) but the look just doesn't appeal to me. I got a blue quilted Burberry diaper bag, but despite being really adorable, it is not functional at all- you have to unzip the entire bag to use the changing pad!

Can anyone recommend their stylish diaper bag? My biggest issue is you can't see a lot of these in person, and the photos don't show interior views! Lots of pockets and an easily accessible changing pad are a must! I am interested in:

Nicole Miller Baby Baby
Kate Spade Messenger
Fluerville Mother Ship

I like the Petunia Picklebottoms but they are dry clean only- I would be afraid to use it!

Would love to hear any feedback and recommendations!

Thanks in advance!!!

MichelleRC
04-22-2005, 10:30 AM
The only one of these bags I currently own is the Mothership, which I love for all day outings, or when we go out to eat and I am toting bottles, food, etc. It is really well organized and has great pockets. It may be too much bag say, for running into the grocery store though.
Fleurville is coming out with a new Sling Tote, which looks really cute and functional, works as a tote, a messenger and can hook onto the stroller like the skip hop. They should be out in a few weeks.
Timi and Leslie also makes great looking bags with lots of pockets similar to the Mothership, but the bag is not quite as big.
Other to check out are Bumble Bags, Chester Handbags & Kecci. I am sure there are some others I am forgetting, but DS was up all night teething and I am bordering on delirious.
Hope that gives you a good starting point, happy hunting!!

audball
04-22-2005, 10:31 AM
It may help to know in what price range you are looking. Some folks here posted about the Fourmi S Bag from Un Apres Midi de Chien which would make a decent diaper bag/computer bag, save for the lack of internal pockets.

However, there are some others:
1. Timi and Leslie Mommy Chic Bag
2. Timi and Leslie Large Bebe Bag
3. Kecci Backpack/Messenger Convertible
4. Oi Oi Messenger Bag
5. Chester Handbags Diaper Tote
6. Fleurville Sling Tote

Re. the bags you mentioned, I have only really heard about the Kate Spade Messenger (cute, but maybe not a lot of pockets. Also, it could be a little too deep?), and the Mothership (cute style, but huge to carry for all day...).

lmariana
04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen these bags in person, but I'm planning on ordering a few soon. They look so cute, stylsih, and practical.

www.taraboone.com

The large vinyl one (The Radiance) reminds me a lot of the Fleurville Mothership, only it adds some nice stroller hooks.

You've already gotten some great suggestions for other brands like...
Timi and Leslie (www.timiandleslie.com) - they just added a luxe leather diaper bag to their 2005 line. It's gorgeous!!! The $400 price tag is hefty, but it is an all leather bag after all. :) It has a wipe-clean vinyl interior in an alligator texture. Very chic. I've always found T&L bags to have good organization. Their 2005 bags also added a cute mommy wrist clutch with all their Large Bebe Bags and Mommy Chich bags (the luxe leather).

I'd also consider...
www.loomlife.com (very easy to clean and keep clean, phenomenal design)
www.bumblebags.com (great organization, attached changing pad like the Petunia Picklebottoms, but more kid-friendly fabrics)
www.babygeared.com (check out the Dante Beatrix bags- never seen one in person, but they look cute)
www.haikubags.com (not really "designer," but I love this bag! Very easy to clean inside and out, tons of space, great design, and great styling.)

I'd also keep an eye out for Fleurville. I have a feeling they'll be releasing an updated Mothership before too long. Just a hunch though!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png

clc053103
04-22-2005, 12:38 PM
thanks for all the great suggestions!! I am going to have fun searching- welcome any more suggestions!

As for price range I guess I don't have one! I'd pay anything for a bag I love- I have an extensive handbag collection to prove that!

QNP
04-23-2005, 02:34 AM
If there's no price range, how about a Louis Vuitton diaper bag? Check it out at Eluxury dot com if there isn't a store near you. Scroll to handbag->luggage->Monogram Travel. Looks like Eluxury only has it in blue Mini Monogram. I don't know if it still comes in khaki(which is really dark brownish olive).

It works well for our needs. What I really love about it is having a separate compartment for all my wallet and things so i don't have to carry a purse( one less thing to worry about). Another plus is its unisex design and color. To me it looks like a messenger bag so DH can carry it as well. In the baby compartment, there's plenty of room.

Let me know if you have any more question.

clc053103
04-23-2005, 08:34 AM
I just checked it out and I love it- and it's less than the last LV I got and that was just a little purse. One question- is it heavy?? It looks like it weighs a lot. Do they have them at the actual stores, maybe I can go check one out in person.

Now to run it by DH- probably not the best time to ask when we are having the kitchen remodeled!LOL He will probably say it's ok if I promise to buy only 1 diaper bag- a promise I am not sure I can keep!

I checked out the coach bags too- and I wasn't that thrilled with them. I don't like the open tops-and the new ones are twill which gets dirty too fast.

Thanks again!

caridura
04-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Did you see the post below about the Un Apres bags? http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=21581&mode=full&page= I think they are stylish and seem to work well as a diaper bag. I'm lusting after one right now. ;)

clc053103
04-23-2005, 10:45 AM
They are very stylish!!! I'll add them to my list!!

Right now I am debating returning my Burberry to neiman marcus or selling on Ebay- they seem to be going for more than I paid for it! But probably not worth the hassle!

QNP
04-23-2005, 06:16 PM
It's not heavy to me at all and i'm a petite mama. I'll empty it tonight to weigh it and i'll post it later.

An LV flagship store should carry all models but i'm not sure about all Saks or Neiman. There's only a small Saks where i live and they have it.

I really haven't seen any other bag that screams my name since having this one. But if i have an itch to buy another, i just tell DH that his little princess needs it;-) . It alway works :-) !

kkae12
04-23-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a Kate Spade dot noel large messanger baby bag in pink. I LOVE It. It's so much more pratical than I thought. I was only going to use it for dressier occasions, but I use it in my "rotation" of daily diaper bags.

It has 4 pockets on the inside- 1 large zipped pocket along the interior back and 2 pockets across from it on the interior front and one bottle pocket on the interior side. There is also a large velcro close pocket on the exterior back. It's comfortable to wear and has a nice fluffy changing pad.

Good luck!
Allison