PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a diaper bag with a light/bright colored interior??

autumngrrl
04-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I have a 10 week old baby, and up 'til now, I've been happy using the freebie Similac diaper bag given to us at the hospital. Believe it or not, it actually works great... not too big, lots of pockets (two outside bottle pkts, two outside pkts for pacis or keys or wallets, hand wipes, etc), and a fairly square shape that's not too big or heavy. I love the size ((11"h x 12"w x 4.5"d), and the best part is that the inside is white, which makes it incredibly easy to find everything. Yes, it's absolutely utilitarian and flat-out ugly, but since it was only temporary, I didn't care.

I unpacked my Skip Hop Dash to use for the first time today, and wow, it's not very user friendly! It's impossible for me to find anything because it's so deep and dark intside. Can anyone recommend a diaper bag that's fairly stylish but simple (no prints or vinyl coating on the exterior), not too big but at least 4" deep, and LIGHT or BRIGHT interior? Budget up to $100.

TIA for your advice. :)

Randi

ps - I have a quinny buzz (w/ single bar-style handle) so I need something w/ one long shoulder strap

dules
04-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Well it has a print but the Keccis have lovely bright interiors (that match the piping on the bags) and you can get them relatively inexpensively.

I think some of the LE bags are light blue on the interior but not sure about that, as mine are from 2003 and they may have changed since then.

Best,
Mary

jasabo
04-25-2005, 09:01 AM
I have the new LL Bean bag in light blue and it's light blue inside too and very user friendly. It's as organized as the new Skip Hop, though the SH is more compact and streamlined.

Also, I could be wrong but I don't think the Looms are black inside. I know there are many bags that aren't, but can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Lisa - mom to 22 month old twin boys

smbirth
04-25-2005, 10:09 AM
I have had a new Lands End Little Tripper for about 2 weeks now and really love it.

The interior is light blue, all of the color choices have the same light blue interiior. Makes it easy to find things.

Strap is adjustable and can be worn as a tote, or a messenger.

Even DH will use it!!

Just a note, when you choose a color, be warned, that only the front pocket has color. I ordered a red LT thinking the back and front would be red and the sides and top would be black. However, only the front pocket is red, the rest of the outside is black, except for the light blue inside.

I think the LL Bean diaper bag in black has a lime green interior, I almost purchased that bag.

HTH

Sheri
Momma to Nathaniel
9-15-04