PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a great tote to fit alot... organization please!

debbiet.
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Hello ladies,

Summer is coming and for travel I would like a great tote
bag that fits on the shoulder for day trips to grandma,
travel etc...

Most totes, LL bean etc, have no organization. What are your favorites?
Should hold as much as my Mothership will hold.
Good shoulder straps too!

Price... not super expensive, but willing to invest.

TIA!
Deb
Mommy to Joelle

audball
04-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I have to suggest the Ellington In-Flight Tote. It's really well organized, comes in cute summer colors and on Sunday, May 1st, they are starting their sale for us BBB members: 30% off any item in their catalog! I'm giving out the details tomorrow, but it's just a code you type in at the end of check-out.

You can see them at www.ellingtonleather.com...they have a regular size (for bigger packers/summer all-day) and small size for small day trips...

:)

suzhatch1
04-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Audball - I took a look at the In-flight Tote & it looks perfect! (Like the OP I've been looking for a tote too, but so many of them are just 1 big main compartment & lack in the organization area.) I LOVE that these have pockets on the OUTSIDE! I love having my keys & cell phone handy, rather than buried inside.

I wanted to know if you happen to have 1 of these already & whether you have the large In-flight or the smaller In-flight? I'm leaning toward the smaller one, but wondering if it would be big enough to hold diapers, bottles & duds for 1 little one + my Mommy stuff (wallet, keys, cell). Mostly just for day trips to the park or to the mall. Something bigger than a purse, but not duffle bag size, KWIM?! :)

Do you know if the lime green and/or purple are the same color IRL as on the website - or are they pretty different?

Thanks in advance - can't wait to find out more about the 30% discount - that will make these a real bargain!! I may end up getting a couple!! :) THANK YOU!!

audball
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't have one - yet, LOL! :) I checked the large and small again today while I was there (still deciding which color) and the large doesn't look too overwhelming, but it is definitely bigger (wider capacity, larger depth). I think the small would be food for a few hours out - especially if you have a smaller wallet, not so much mommy stuff, etc. I'm 5'2" and I have often found that some of these totes are too overwhelming..these seem to be a nice size (both the large and the small).

The large is definitely not duffle bag size :)...but because it is wider at the top (and deeper), if you don't carry that much stuff, you may find your items swimming in it. But it's great for 8 hours out and certainly as an airplane bag...I'll be posting some links to earlier reviews tomorrow and there are some very nice pics in the reviews. But you can find these too in the search engine here.

On the website, the colors look just slightly lighter than IRL. I wish people had the catalog, because it's much more of a true representation of the colors. They are actually richer than on the website (it's like they used some kind of overhead lighting to take the pics). Very pretty colors...I don't think anyone will be disappointed. The colors are intense, but not obnoxious.

Stay tuned :)...

elliput
04-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Did you check out LandsEnd's Large Tailored Tote Diaper Bag? You can see them IRL at most Sears stores ,although they usually just have the black. I have the tote in thistle, it has a beautiful silver grey lining instead of the light blue lining.

HTH

suzhatch1
04-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks Audball - I think with the sale starting 5/1; I may pick up a couple. I think the large will be fine for a diaper/Mommy bag & I think I may want 1 just for me as a true Mommy organizer bag!! Plus those colors are yummy!

I was also eyeballing the Cargo tote in denim. Would go great with jeans & looks like it has tons of pockets + 2 bottle pockets inside.

Question: I did a search & found some previous posts you made on the topic of shipping. Sounds like s/h will be something like $5-8 per bag. I'm wondering what the return policy will be during this special sale? I'm thinking of splurging & getting a few bags since the price is right, but since I've never seen these IRL, wondering if something doesn't work - is there anything special we need to know about going about a return?

TIA - again! :)
Suz

audball
04-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I asked them about that as well yesterday...they will make sure everyone is satisfied, so returns/exchanges shouldn't be an issue.

Of course, I know some folks are used to ordering 5-6 bags and returning once or twice, and I guess I would ask that everyone uses their judgement in their bag-buying decisions...this is the first time these guys are doing anything like this, and I wouldn't want it to look like anyone was "abusing" their satisfaction guaranteed policy...So everyone, please refrain from 10 exchanges! :)

Shipping is actual cost, so depending on weight, total shipping will vary. Some of the bags (the leather ones in particular) are heavy!