PDA

View Full Version : Chester Customer Service?

hapahaolegirl
04-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I just received my mom classic diaper bag from Chester. It's well made and beautiful but the pocket print is not the same as on their site. And the same two "scenes" repeat. So that the same picture on the front is right next to the same picture on the side. Same with the back and other side.
I was sold on this bag after I saw someone post pictures of their bag and I noticed all the "scenes" are different on all sides of the bag.
I emailed Chester about this but I'm wondering if they will make me pay shipping again. Has anyone had a problem with Chesters CS? Are they quick to respond? I was so ready to use this bag this weekend too :(

Thanks!

Kristen

zoethebeagle
04-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi Kristen-

The same exact thing happened to me. I also ordered the mom classic diaper bag and the print was different (I really wanted the picture of the mom with the child in the shopping cart!) I emailed them and Roseann responded that you couldn't specify which print you wanted. I assumed it would be the one pictured on their website! Wouldn't everyone?

Shortly thereafter, she emailed me again and said while you can't specify which print, she had another bag with the shopping cart print on it and she would be happy to exchange bags for me (although she didn't mention anything about shipping).

I ended up returning the bag altogether (sadly) because the shoulder straps were way too short for me and the bag hung way too high under my arm. As a side note, I had to email Chester because weeks went by after I returned the bag and I never received a refund. They promptly replied and apologized and I received a refund a few days later.

I also bought a backpack in Candy Stripe which I kept and love. She told me that they were redesigning the bags and new ones should be available in July. I love their backpacks and I look forward to new fabrics.

I think the CS at Chester was pretty good. Although I think it was wrong of them to send a bag with a print that is different than the one pictured on the website, Roseann was flexible and friendly. They always promptly responded to my emails.

Hope this helps!

Erika

hapahaolegirl
04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I wish I had my digital camera so I could post what the bag looks like.
The picture below in the top left hand corner of the bag is a "green scene". On my bag the same green picture is right next to it on the side, which as you can tell sticks out so it's two of the same picture next to each other.
http://www.chesterhandbags.com/ProductImages/184g.jpg

Am I being too critical of this? I never spend this much money on a bag because DH would kill me but I told him this would be my Mother's day gift. My first Mother's day! So he let me get it.

Thanks again for everyone who responds!

Kristen

nd93
04-29-2005, 03:54 PM
I wonder if it's new bag designs or just new fabrics? I've been wanting to buy a Chester but I can't seem to find the right combination of price/bag style/pattern.

Twin Mom
04-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Chester customer service is very good. I actually had some issues with my bag or should I say bags. On the first backpack I bought the front pocket was really crooked. I didn't like the pattern anyway so I sent it back and Roseann sent me another one in a different pattern. Unfortunately the front pocket on that one looked crooked to me too so I sent it back. She sent me another one and that one had some stitching coming out on the bottom plus I thought the pocket looked a bit crooked as well. I returned that one too and decided to give up b/c the front pocket being crooked bugged me and since I had already tried 3 bags I figured it probably would be that way on the next one. It is funny b/c I haven't heard anyone else say they had this problem so I'm not sure why I've had such bad luck.

I actually haven't checked to see if my credit card was credited yet but I obviously need to. Roseann did offer me a non sale bag at the sale price but I don't really like any of the other ones. Maybe I can take her up on that when the new designs come out this summer. Here is the thread where I posted pics.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20618&mode=full

Aileen

hapahaolegirl
04-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi Aileen,

Did you have to pay for shipping each time Chester sent you out a new bag? Is she goig to credit you the shipping charge she charged you when you initially placed your order? Or do you have to eat that cost? I'm worried that I'm going to have to pay shipping to return the bag and then she will charge me shipping again to send me out another bag if she has one that looks like the bag on their website. Otherwise, will she credit me the full amount that I paid which included the shipping? Were you able to keep the free gift (cosmetic bag) that came with your bag?
Sorry all the questions. I haven't received a response from Chester yet and I'm kind of antsy!

Thank you for your response!

Kristen

Twin Mom
04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Shipping was free on my initial order and Chester always sent UPS to pick up the bags so I never paid for shipping that I know of :-). Of course I haven't seen my credit yet but I hope there will be no deduction for shipping. Since you are not happy with the bag and she is sending you a replacement, I doubt she will make you pay for shipping too. Just ask her to send UPS to pick it up for you. I did keep the free gift b/c I also bought a cosmetic bag in addition to the diaper bag in my initial order.

HTH.

hapahaolegirl
04-30-2005, 09:04 AM
She hasn't emailed me back yet. I'm assuming beacuse it was Friday she was busy. So she probably won't respond to my email until Monday at the earliest. So I don't know if she will be willing to send me a replacement bag or not. It would be just my luck that she won't but hopefully everything turns out well and I'll be happy with my purchase.

Thank you!

Kristen

nd93
04-30-2005, 09:15 AM
I placed an order Thurs morning, and the item is out of stock. I emailed her back Thurs evening, and I still haven't heard back either. Hopefully we'll both hear something on Mon!

nd93
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Have you heard anything back yet? If I don't hear from them in a day or two I'm cancelling my order.

hapahaolegirl
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
I ended up sending another email to a couple of their email addresses and Tiffany responded. She said Roseann has unexpectedly been out on Friday and today. She should be in tomorrow to handle everything.
I'll let you know if I hear back from her tomorrow!

Kristen

hapahaolegirl
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Roseann emailed me. Hopefully I can get everything straightened out now!
I hope you heard from her as well!

Kristen

nd93
05-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I did too! I told her which one I wanted instead, so hopefully they will get it out soon. I'm anxious to have a new bag!