PDA

View Full Version : Ellington Sale Starts Today, Pics of In-Flight Tote...

audball
05-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Since DS went down for a nap, I decided to take DD with me to take a closer look at the In-Flight totes yesterday. To answer some previously asked questions:
1. The small version of the In-Flight Tote would make a great toddler bag or diaper bag for one light-traveling mama with one baby.
2. The regular In-Flight Tote is the best size for two.
3. The messenger strap is about 38" long, with a small pad, and is able to go even longer. It attaches to the larger Tote with clips. The larger Tote has two D rings on opposite handles.
4. The shoulder straps slide neatly into the "secret" pockets between the outer pockets and the main compartment.

I tried taking some pics of the In-Flight Tote (larger one) on our stroller, messenger style on me, and using the shoulder straps. It's kinda haphazard because my daughter was with me and dying to go out for an ice cream :)!

I ended up getting the small In-Flight Tote in bamboo/yellow. I can take pics if anyone is interested. Although it's small for two, I can cram enough for playdates in there. The bag looks really spiffy - not "bloated" at all. And I'm such a sucker for all these pockets! I think it stems from my fascination with this Organizer Purse my mom had in the '70s...I loved that bag! This is going to make a great organizational bag for when both are out of diapers, but I still need to tote snacks and sippys...

Sorry I can't embed the pics - for some reason I can't upload pictures here today!

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=8311114962173277/l=47038458/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

suzhatch1
05-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Hi Audball - I would love to see a pic of the Bamboo/Yellow small tote & if you happen to have a pic of you wearing it on your shoulder, that would be great too. (Trying to gauge how big it is & how it looks hanging. Also, are the shoulder straps on the small tote long enough so it doesn't hit right under your armpit? I hate that!).

When I went to the Ellington store the other day, they only had the regular/large IFTote and it seemed like it was going to work just fine for me (I'll have only 1 in diapers, but my 5 yr old DD occassionally wants to bring toys or a water bottle, plus I'm planning on using it as my Mommy bag too rather than carry a seperate purse).

Anyway, I never got to see the smaller size since they didn't have it instock. I'm wondering if I should get 1 as an organizer purse just for me when I'm out without the kids (yeah, right? When is that every gonna happen?? LOL!)

Also, if you don't mind me asking? About how tall are you? I'm 5'7 & about 190lb, so when I tried the large IFTote it didn't seem too big - but I can tell the regular size tote looks like it hangs larger on you than it did on me, so I know I am definately a larger person than you are! I hope I can carry it off okay! :)

mamaAnn
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
How do I know if the purple small in-flight is one with the extra messenger strap???

I saw your pics and wondered if the first black bag is the small in- flight tote? It's bigger than I thought it would be...the larger one looks huge to me LOL

I like those back pack totes more than I thought I would...decisions decisions

Thanks for getting the discount-I'm getting 2 bags I think! :)
Ann

audball
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
First off, please don't order on the web sale just yet. Someone on another board, as well as myself, tried to place and order and there seems to be a problem with having the sale price show up (it should!). I'll call them tomorrow (Monday) and post and update. I want to make sure everyone gets the discounted price ;)!

The small In-Flight Totes do *not* have a messenger strap. Only the regular (larger sized) In-Flight Totes do. If you order the larger tote, it will automatically come with the strap, since purple is one of the "new" colors. Other new color includes the kiwi, with the black and red being back in stock from last season, now with a strap.

If the first pic you saw was the interior, no, that's the regular (i.e. larger) size In-Flight Tote. It is the ones with the D-rings and I was trying to illustrate how the messenger strap would attach. If you looked at the two black bags side by side, that was the smaller and larger one. I'm wearing the larger one.

I'll try to take pics of me wearing the smaller one so you can see the difference. I'm 5'2", 134 lbs (on a good day - ha!) for reference...

audball
05-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I was just going to say, please don't place the order yet today. I have to call their IT guys/gals and find out why the discount isn't loading. It should and I want to avoid having people put in a lot of orders until it's fixed...

I'll try to take a pic and post with me wearing the small In-Flight Tote. I'll put a lot in it so you can see it "stuffed" - it really still looks pretty tidy. The straps don't hit right under my armpit - for reference I'm 5'2", 135 lbs.

I think the smaller size is perfect for an organizer purse. I totally dig the "secret" compartments :) It's a nice size for when both kids are with you and you need to carry "treasures" but don't need the diapers, wipes, etc.

I'm wearing the regular sized tote (not the small) and it seemed a tad big on me. But I'm sure taller folks can totally get away with wearing it as an everyday diaper bag/bag. It's more having to do with the height of the bag than the width. I was trying to steal my DH's Jack Spade Dad Field Bag, and it didn't fly because the bag was way too long....

mamaAnn
05-01-2005, 04:04 PM
But there is a strap shown laying next to the small in-flight bags...should I call them to ask?
Thanks
Ann

MommytoLayla
05-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi I was wondering if the small in flight has as many pockets through out as the regular. Are there hidden pockets and stuff like the regular size?? I was going to get the regular but I have an LL Bean tote which is pretty much the same thing and my husband would kill me if I bought two fo the same bag, But..... I think the smaller one could be a cute purse. I too would love to see the size on you and if you could take a couple pictures of the pockets and stuff I would really appreciate it!!!!

TIA
Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

mamaAnn
05-01-2005, 04:44 PM
ahh, I see both bags are there and the strap is next to the large one. Glad I asked! That saved me from a return!

audball
05-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Yes! The smaller tote has all the same features of the larger tote, just slightly smaller. I was really surprised about that myself. This includes all the little organizational pockets in one of the side "hidden compartments". It's got spots for your cell phone, pens, pocket change, and even a change purse/key holder.

I was really pleased that it had the bottle pockets. It was one of the reasons I plunked down and actually got a small in-flight tote. Something about the "illusion" of organization! :)

I'll post pics ASAP..

audball
05-01-2005, 11:36 PM
So don't laugh, but I had to go to our full-length mirror to take these because DH went out on an errand:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25038.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25040.jpg

Pics of the interior of the bag *fully packed*. I put as many things as I would normally carry for a 2-4 hour stint with both kids:
-2 diapers (one 4,one 5 huggie), changing pad, 2 bags - zippered ext. pocket
-wipes case, 2 BabyBug books (other side, exterior pocket)
-wallet, keys, cellphone, palm pilot (1st "secret compartment")
-small bag of toys (side pocket)
-bib, spoon (other side pocket)
-cream, hand sanitizer, lip balm (2nd "secret compartment")
-2 sippys, 2 snack traps (main compartment) - this could zip!

I didn't put my DS's meds in, but if I took it out of the Timbuk2 zip pouch I usually use, I could easily fit 2 Epi Pens in any of the zippered compartments.

So stuffed, but not terribly bloated. I wouldn't normally take this bag out for two, because I generally like more "wiggle room" to find things, but I wanted to show just how much you could put in. I think there would be a lot more room with tons of room to spare in the larger In-Flight Tote. The only difference in the larger size is that it has two D rings on opposite handles, where the messenger strap will clip, and of course, it's much larger!:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25041.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25042.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25043.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25044.jpg

And here is a comparison of size next to a Holly Aiken Small Tote and a Timi & Leslie Backpack:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25045.jpg

priscilla73
05-02-2005, 12:19 AM
You are so sweet to do all this for everyone! Thank you so much for the pics of the small In Flight. I am definitely buying that one, too. Your Bamboo is really cute!

suzhatch1
05-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I think that really helps me decide on sticking with the regular size tote. I agree that the small tote does look like it holds more than I expected, but like you mentioned, I like a lot more wiggle room.

Plus I tend to pack everything but the kitchen sink, so I could see me definately needing to put a blanket, change of clothes, sweater & more in there for a newborn. Thank you so much for doing this!!

Can't wait for the site to be ready for our purchases!! My wallet is ready!!

callalillyanne
05-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Thank you SO much for all of the work you have done on this and the added bonus of pics! It was so good to see how big the large In Flight really is! Now I am pretty sure that I want it! And how cute are those Tripper Totes! I "have" to have one of those too!

I really am fond of the bamboo color of your small IF. But that is one of the colors that doesn't come with a messenger strap in the large size, right? Wah :(

Thanks again! :)

audball
05-02-2005, 11:00 AM
The bamboo is so much nicer IRL than portrayed in the pictures. But yes, unfortunately, the bamboo In-Flight Tote (the larger size) doesn't have the messenger strap because it's what they called a "running change" in their bags for this season. The good news is that I think they are keeping the messenger strap as a feature on these bags. The bad news is that right now, you have a limited color selection from which to choose (red, black, kiwi, and purple).

I know..in a perfect world...but then of course, in a perfect world, I would have every bag under the sun! :)

zsuzsu
05-03-2005, 04:45 PM
THANKS!!!

I ordered my large inflight in blue and a wallet. And the discount code worked. Can't wait to get my purchases.

By the way - what is the expiration date on the discount?

priscilla73
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
It is a 2 wks long discount. The last day is on or around May 14. HTH!

skymcc
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy these online? Thanks!

smbirth
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
www.ellingtonleather.com

priscilla73
05-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey Audrey....I'm in need of a back up plan to the summer blue. Are the close up pics of the bamboo pretty accurate of the color?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I ordered the Bamboo and came back here to bump the pics up so I can stare at them again...LOL :)

audball
05-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Yes! Particularly the last one (next to the Holly Aiken and the T&L)...it's not bright at all, so not obnoxious. ;)

nd93
05-10-2005, 05:38 PM
I didn't think I'd be taking part in this sale but I'm getting sucked in. Let me get this straight - the SMALL in flight tote has bottle pockets? And a zip top? Thanks!

audball
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, before you get *too* excited ;), there are two mesh (water) bottle holders in the interior, but they are not like insulated bottle holders, or even standard ones that you would see in a diaper bag...they are a little large for standard bottles. But they are great for organizing little things and those Glad Disposable Snack containers fit great in there.

And yes, it has a zip top :)!