PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Creek bags

ckleist
05-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Just curious if anybody has any of these bags or seen them IRL...the market tote, travel bug, plane jane, or milano?

http://www.letravelstore.com/elements.htm

sophiesmom
05-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I haven't seen them IRL. The market tote looks neat! I was looking at the Eagle Creek Parent's backpack on ebags.com. They are having a sale plus free shipping, you could check the site to see if there is one you are interested in!

ckleist
05-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I've got the parents backpack 2.0, it is a couple years old. My dh got it for me, but I never used it because of the blackhole effect. It looks like the newer ones are better designed. I've bought and returned several bags from ebags lately. I'm really tempted to order the market tote, but I hate to buy and return another bag if I don't like it. The only feature that is lacking is for me the optional shoulder strap to wear messenger style, other than that it looks like a great tote.

sophiesmom
05-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah, the backpack looked a little too big for me. I ended up ordering the Skyline backpack. It got great reviews on the site, and it's not a huge backpack. it was cheap enough that if i decide i don't like using a backpack as an everyday bag, i can get something else!

did you check out the ellington bags? they look cute, i know the larger in-flight has a strap, i can't remember about the smaller one though.

ckleist
05-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I've been checking out the Ellington because of the discount, but I think it might have too many pockets, etc. Some people gave it rave reviews and others seemed dissappointed, too much organization and/or pockets too small. I've got the timbuk2 and love the material of the bags and that they are washable, but the small and medium cargo totes are really too small and there isn't much organization. What I liked about the eagle creek market tote is that the front zipper pocket looks like it would fit all mommy stuff, the 2 side bottle pockets for sippy cups, and the rear zip pocket would be good for changing pad, and then 1 big space for all the kids stuff. I'm going to see if any retailers near me carry the bag or other bags in the same line so I can check out the material, etc and wait for ebags to have another sale or coupon.

sophiesmom
05-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Keep me updated if you end up seeing/getting the market tote, in case my backpack doesn't work for me. I saw it on ebags and it's not on sale, at least the shipping would be free! It looks nice, I think I would consider it and was also looking at the Skip Hop Dashes. I like bags where you can keep a changing pad separate from everything else.

sophiesmom
05-02-2005, 09:08 AM
If you haven't done so yet, you can go on the Eagle Creek website to find a store near you that sells their products. :-)