PDA

View Full Version : LL Bean questions (again)

heatherlynn
05-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm wondering if the LL Bean bag would hold the following. I'll have 2 in diapers come November and I don't have any big bags that I think will work (besides the Baby Sherpa, but I don't want to use that everyday). Anyway, here goes:

3-4 diapers for each
wipes
1 extra outfit for each
1 pair of jammies and onesie for each if we're out at night
1-2 bottles for newborn (none I hope for older DS by then!)
a few extra nipples and bottle liners
jar baby food, spoon, bib
sippy cup
burp cloth
small toy or two
my thick checkbook sized wallet
sunglasses
keys
cell

I think (I hope) that's it. I think I could use a bag w/ a few more pockets inside, so I'm also looking at the Ellington Large Tote, but I'm just not a tote gal (even though I know it has a messenger strap). I'd like to use the LL Bean bag post-diaper bag days (seems so far away), so I'll probably get the black w/ grey interior).

Anyway, any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

MamaKath
05-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Lol, you are still looking at the same bags as I am though you are swinging back into baby mode. ;-) I have seen the LLBean and think it would work great for that depending on how thick the clothes are. I am also eyeing up the Ellingtons (though also not a tote gal, but that Backpack style looks cute!) as well as the LL Bean Ameribags in the pretty colors. I keep thinking the LLBean will pass the easiest as a purse which is of main concern at this point for me. I love the lime interior, so I would go for the baby bag even if ds toilet trains by the time I get around to ordering one. But the colors of the Ellingtons are so pretty and the microfiber is very elegant. Good luck deciding! :-)

heatherlynn
05-03-2005, 06:06 AM
We always seem to be on the same wavelength, Kath! I was looking at that Ellington backpack, but it will be too small for me now. I think it would be a great purse for you, though! Too bad we don't live closer to each other - I could buy one, you could buy one, then we could switch off when we got bored of them, and so on and so on!

Anyway, right now I'm leaning toward the LL Bean bag just because it's cheaper and more of a real messenger than the Ellington.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

MamaKath
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Maybe we should both move. The long time cost differential might be worth it. ;-) I am hoping to actually sell off a couple strollers so possibly I will leap on one bag at least. The Bean looks like a great bag, and I love that it is lined with lime. Such fun, but yet matches with stuff, lol. I have a feeling all of a sudden all I'll need is something really small and the kids can carry their own backpacks, but I want something nice. Ugh!

How are you doing? How is everything going?