PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose 1 bag which would it be?

lilarkk
05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
OK. Maybe this question has been asked before, but I'm looking for some advice. I'm trying to dwindle down my bags (don't really know why) since I haven't been using them as often as I'd like. I have a 9mo who still obviously is in diapers and an almost 3yo who will be leaving diapers soon. I'm a light packer, but I would like a bag that will double as a purse yet be easy to carry on your shoulder and also hook onto my stroller.

So...If you had to choose 1 bag as your favorite given the information listed above, which would you choose?

TIA for all of your help!

Heather
Mom to Noah, Kiersten & Hutch

chrissyhowie
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm a big fan of the Skip Hop bags. Easy to carry on my shoulder, across my chest, or hook onto my stroller and shopping carts. I have a Skip Hop Duo in charcoal which I really love because of its streamlined shape and clean look. I like that it doesn't look like a diaper bag. I'm a minimalist packer, but I have been finding the Duo is too small for two kids still in diapers.

So now I just got a charcoal Skip Hop Expo off of SWAP (thank you, Julie! :)). To me it sounds like the perfect bag for what you are looking for. It has the same streamlined shape and look as the Duo, but it has a zipper feature which really increases its carrying capacity. So you could use it expanded while your 3yo is still in diapers, and then decide to keep it zipped smaller when you only have to carry dipes for the younger one.

HTH,

khakismom
05-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Either my Kecci or my new Fleurville Sling Tote. They are both just the perfect size and very versatile. The Kecci can either be worn as a messenger, tote, or backpack. The new sling tote can be worn as a messenger, tote, or strapped to your stroller with its attachments.

Good luck! :)

saschalicks
05-03-2005, 06:34 PM
I haven't used mine yet but I would definitely say my sling tote. It is girly/purse looking and attaches to a stroller and will hold all of your items. Fleurville Sling Tote would be my vote.

cartersmom
05-03-2005, 08:08 PM
If it were just for me and not my husband, my one bag would be my tote from periwinkle baby. If my husband was also going to carry the bag I would go for the skip hop.

lilarkk
05-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Could you post pictures of the interior of your periwinkle baby bag? They are really cute, I'm just curious as to how they are inside.

Thanks.
Heather
Mommy to Noah, Kiersten & Hutch

cartersmom
05-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I am attaching a photo of the interior. It has a big central pocket, 6 smaller pockets, and a separate bottle pocket.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25191.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25192.jpg

new_mommy25
05-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Do you have a link for the Periwinkle bag?

cartersmom
05-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Here's the link to their site. I have the eggplant kimono and I just ordered one of their dahlias fabrics.

http://periwinklebaby.com/baby-bags.html