PDA

View Full Version : My Skip Hop Dash just arrrived!

clc053103
05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I ordered it in ice blue w/ chocolate trim- and couldn't wait for its arrival!! unfortunately, I was a little underwhelmed. WHile the trim is chocolate brown, the shoulder strap is black! It makes it look the trim is just faded black, rather than chocolate, and IMO detracts from the appearance of the bag. PErhaps I am a little nitpicky though!

Overall, the bag seems like a good size, the stroller hanging clasps seem easy to use, and it has lots of pockets. Changing pad quality also seems good- thick and durable! HOping DH likes it when he gets home!

Ordered from Expressivetoys.com- there was a delay and Jen was fantastic with communication! Would highly recommend!

and now on to find the Kecci of my dreams.....

UPDATE: I have had more time to play with the bag and it is quickly growing on me- it's loosening up and wow- all those pockets!!!! DH also thought it was cool- even in Ice Blue doesn't think it's too girly to carry!!

Can't wait to strap on my stroller when the baby arrives!

Courtney

babyengineer
05-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm so sorry the Dash didn't meet up to your expectations! It's the most rugged/durable/functional diaper bag I own (and I own MANY!). It's definitely not the prettiest or nicest but it works wonderfully attached to a stroller especially when going to the park or zoo or just on neighborhood walks.

My beautiful bags just look so out-of-place and too "fragile" in those situations...besides DH will carry my Skip*Hops without wincing and Skip*Hops are WASHABLE! Something I'll need to do after DH places them on the muddy playground! ;)

Happy bag hunting,
Lynn

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."

clc053103
05-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Lynn- you have made me feel better about my choice!! Since my baby isn't due till July I won't get to see it function in action but I am sure I will love it. the more I look at it, the more I like it- the blue is going to look great with both my strollers (a brown/blue plaid and the sky blue Inglesina) and I really love the way it attaches to the stroller!!!

When DH came home, he thought it was cool- even in ice blue he said he wouldn't feel silly carrying it. HE said he wouldn't carry the Kecci on a bet.

Honestly, except the black strap, I think overall it's a great bag- can't wait to use it!

Courtney