PDA

View Full Version : Stokke high chair for 6 month old

Mamajama
05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
can you use the stokke high chair from birth? website says 18 months but i herd you can buy some sort of adapter for newborn?

mik8
05-05-2005, 12:34 PM
You mean Stokke's Kinderzeat? If so, no the Kinderzeat is only rated for 18 months and above. There is the European version of the Kinderzeat called Tripp Trapp (we have one) that has the removable baby bar and optional high back which is approved for younger age (when the baby is able to sit up well with good head control). We started using ours at 8.5 months with our DD and even now at 20 months, she's still using the baby bar.

Mamajama
05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
thanks for the reply. yes, i am talking about the kinderzeat but i thought it was the same thing as the tripp trap. did you buy the tripp trap in the U.S?

mik8
05-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I bought it here in US over a year ago at www.equipmentshop.com
This store sells adaptive equipments for kids with special needs but they are authorized Tripp Trapp distributors here in US. If you look at their website, they have the European version of Kinderzeat but no baby bar with them. I actually called their toll-free # and specifically asked if they have any baby bars available for the Tripp Trapp and fortunately they did at that time. The baby bar is only compatible with Tripp Trapps because the US version Kinderzeat doesn't have the slots to accommodate it. I do not know if they still sell the baby bars at present.

Attached is a pic of my DD with the Tripp Trapp when she was a lot younger to give an idea. I hope the pics will load correctly.