PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Expo?

mommato2boys
05-07-2005, 09:42 AM
I love the look of the skip hop expo BUT....how much can you really pack in it? I am a heavy packer...will this bag work?
I have a diaper dude that I love but it just doesn't hold enough for me. Does the expo hold more than the dash? TIA!

callalillyanne
05-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't have an expo yet, but am thinking about getting one (either that or the dash). I have heard people say that they think the expo can almost hold more than the dash because of the expandable bottom....however, I think the dash might offer better organization. I am pretty sure the dash has more pockets (I am sure someone here can confirm this for me ;) ).

I am a heavy packer as well, and I admit even with what I have heard, I still am slightly concerned about the size. I really like the look fo the expo, though, and I'm thinking it would also match my stroller better ;).

One thing I would like to add is that I just got the new fleurville sling tote and it works *really* well for my needs. It has a ton of pockets, fits a lot, and hangs beautifully from the stroller, if that is at all a concern for you :) I still think it is smaller than the Mothership, with more organization and expandable room than the Alpha 7, if that makes any sense!

HTH somewhat!

mommato2boys
05-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Can anyone compare storage in the Expo to the Diaper Dude...I have the diaper dude and need more room, is the expo bigger?

mamaAnn
05-09-2005, 12:20 PM
I'n not an "experienced" diaper bagger like many here. My bags have all been basic totes in the past so the Expo is my first ""real" diaper bag after 3 kids LOL I'm packing for a 6 mos old (but with no bottles) and snacks for 2 older kids.
So just take my advice with that in mind.

With it zipped closed at the bottom it's not that big IMO-I can fit 3 sposie dipes, wipes container, spare outfit in the middle pocket. There is another wide pocket in the middle too if you wanted to slide in a board book or toys.
In 2 side zipper pockets that open on top (that only go halfway down BTW) I have 3 granola bars and 2 fruit snacks on one side and diaper baggies, kleenex pack , small lotion and small weleda sample ointment on other side-but there's still a little more room in these side pcokets.
I don't have this jam packed at all and there is a good amt of space but the tallness of the bag makes it seem a little less functional IMO

Front pockets work great for water bottle and cell phone and small wallet or change purse.

There's a large open pocket on back that has the changing pad in it.

OK-now you zip open the bottom and...it's not gonna add that much space for heavy packers! I can fit another outfit in there, more snacks and a few more dipes but it's the black hole effect and hard to see IMO.

I go this bag for the stroller when we go to the zoo or longer trips and it will work great for me. But for those that want a bag to use everyday and pack a lot-I don't think you'll be happy with it...I say this based on what I see others talking about with great pocket organization and bright insides to see better and things like that.

I have a clutterbag.com tote that is a little smaller than this but more functional with the pocket design and lighter inside for my everyday use. SO it just depends on what you're looking for I guess.
Hope that helps someone!
Ann

callalillyanne
05-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi Ann, may I ask what size your clutterbag is? I think I want one, but I'm not sure if the size will be big enough.

TIA!

mamaAnn
05-09-2005, 09:09 PM
My clutterbag is 15" wide x 12" tall and 5" deep-it zips at the top and has a front pocket. It has 5 pockets inside but they are only half size deep. I have the tote style but she has a boxy style too.
The nice thing is that you can customize it anyway you wish with more/less pockets, strap length, top closure etc.
And she does make a new diaper bag now that is bigger and from the pic looked wonderful for a heavy packer!

I've talked with Janie a few times and she's very willing to work with you and make it the bag you want!
I can try to take some pics if you want-e-mail me at [email protected]
Good luck!

chrissyhowie
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
As a heavy packer, you will likely not be happy with the Expo. While the zipper does increase the Expo's capacity, the Skip Hop Duo and Expo are definitely designed for the more minimalist packer.

I had a Duo, and recently upgraded to the Expo and love it. My sister on the other hand, who packs just about every baby item you can imagine (and then an extra just in case LOL), cannot use it. She could probably get away with the Dash though, although I know she'd prefer an even bigger bag.

HTH,

mommato2boys
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Where do you find clutterbags on line? I have heard of them but haven't seen them. TIA!

mamaAnn
05-10-2005, 01:47 PM
www.clutterbags.com

she sells on e-bay too

wcheng
05-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Just got my Expo today and I like the general size of it. I pack pretty heavily as well and find the expo okay for my needs. I like the pockets it offers, both zippered and open. It's my first Skip Hop bag and I'm pleased with the look of it. It does have a black hole effect when the bottom is unzipped so that it's difficult to find things at the bottom but it doesn't really bother me.