PDA

View Full Version : Kelty or Sherpa or Mustard Sprout?

mommato2boys
05-07-2005, 11:20 AM
I am so trying to find my perfect bag...(pause for giggling)....and for backpacks I have narrowed it down to these choices....
Any pros and cons to each?
Difference between short haul and regular on the Sherpa?
I have an older Kelty and loved the three way to carry it....handles, shoulder strap or backpack....does any other bag offer three options?
How much does each hold?
Any info on the Mustard sprout since I don't know much about that one at all....is this a big bag for a heavy packer or not?
price isn't an issue...just perfection....if that even exists!!!!!

I am in the market for a couple of bags to suit my different needs, so this is my backpack need!!! TIA for any help or info or pictures on each of these!!!!

mommato2boys
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Another thought...since the backpack tends to get thrown more than other bags....zippers are a must.....how does the sherpa close? I know the kelty has zippers and LOOkS like the Mustard does too...but i could be wrong...this would be a big factor in purchase too.

MamaKath
05-07-2005, 08:21 PM
The Sherpa would be my vote since I have found it to be super comfortable irl use. It closes with zippers at the top, and a velcro at the end of that to keep it secure. It does have a handle on the top to carry by. My one wish would be loops to attach to the stroller or to attach a shoulder strap. I still love mine though. Ebags has decent pics if you need to see it better.

I have tried to find out the differences between the Sherpa and the Shorthaul without much success. My questions in this regard here have never been responded to. I think Lmariana has/had both. She did post info awhile back, but I still am having a hard time figuring out a couple things regarding the Shorthaul (the upper half and the pockets configurations). At some point I may just bite the bullet and order the Shorthaul to see for myself though it is hard to use that as my justification, lol.

GL~

heatherlynn
05-08-2005, 06:22 AM
I'm not stalking you Kath, honest! Anyway, I've also been thinking about the SH since I love my Baby Sherpa so much, but find it too big for everyday.

Anyway, here's a picture of the inside that might be helpful. I've found that I'm totally a backpack person! The only thing I've been using lately is my Chester backpack. Not great organization, but it's been working really well for me. I find it very comfortable. It's lightweight and does hold more than you think it would.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04