PDA

View Full Version : Opinions plz...diaper bag print for boy

SAHMommie
05-08-2005, 11:57 PM
When I look for a diaper bag I try to choose one that is gender neutral or boyish since I have a son. Is that what most moms do or do you pick a girly one since you are the one carrying it mostly? I like the vinyl coated Chester bags but there really isnt one that is boyish.

SAHMommie

MichelleRC
05-09-2005, 06:28 AM
I know there have been posts on this in the past, but I say get whatever kind of bag or print you like. You are the one carrying the bag. If you have a boy and want an ultra girly floral bag--Go For It!
I look at diaper bags as more of an accessory than a piece of baby equipment. I wouldn't put my boys in a pink stroller, but I would (and am, come to think of it) carry a pink diaper bag.
Have fun shopping!

callalillyanne
05-09-2005, 06:39 AM
I have a DD myself, and this is JMO, but I would go with the print that YOU like. It is your bag (It's not like the baby is carrying it, KWIM?). When and if I have a DS I will definitely keep buying girly diaper bags...I just like them! :)

I know that there are different opinions on this topic, and others wouldn't say the same thing. I guess it is just a matter of what you are comfortable with.

That said, there are some cute "boy pattern" diaper bags that Timi and Leslie makes. The "Danny" and "Davey" print are both little cars, and I think they have another one called "Mr. Roboto"....very cute!

HTH!

Andrea S
05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I have 2 chester bags with huge flowers all over them and I have a son. Since I am the one carrying the bag I get what I like.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

mommato2boys
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I have two sons and for some reason, I just CAN't carry a pink bag...I do like pink too but just for my diaper bag....I love the camo print and have two camo bags, also I like the Timi and Leslie print one with the cars. But I am not super girly, I like more sporty looks. But I do think that you should get what you like, I just happen to like the more boyish prints.

emmiem
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
The diaper bag is your accessory, your purse. It is part of your outfit. Choose a bag that suits you not your child. My children couldn't care less where there diapers, wipes, snacks, and drinks come from. I want to use my bags as totes later on. For gender free bags, try Kate Spade bags or Bumble bags.
Michele

writeleigh
05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I get bags I like since I am the main person carrying it.