PDA

View Full Version : LL Bean bag worth the wait?

dawnreneeb
05-09-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi All - I am in the market for a new diaper bag and finally decided on the LL bean bag. BUT it is now on back order till June 16th! I really want it before then, but am wondering if someone has a suggestion on something else I might like. I have a 15 month old and am expecting in August so it has to be big enough for 2 for just regular outings....playgroup, lunch, grocery store. Here is what I am looking for:

- Can be worn Messenger Style
- Black or other nuetral color
- Medium in size
- Has to have at least one bottle pocket for son's sippy cups and my water

TIA for all your help!

Dawn
Mommy to Calvin (02-03-04) and Alayna (EDD 08-19-05)

heatherlynn
05-09-2005, 08:00 AM
The large touring bag is exactly the same, just without the changing pad (so it's cheaper!).

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

knaidel
05-09-2005, 11:05 AM
I think its a great bag, especially considering the price. I also didn't want to wait ( I got mine in late March) so I just ordered the large touring bag (the picture on the LL Bean website shows the one in small, without the extra side pockets). Like the PP said, it's exactly the same, but without the changing pad. I bought a changing pad for $5 at BRU, or you can just take one from another bag of yours.

dawnreneeb
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks ladies - I went to order the large touring tote and that is on backorder till June 2nd! That is a little sooner, but still not as soon as I would like. I am going to think about it a bit and then decide. Really wish I could just oreder it now and see it next week!

Dawn

MommytoLayla
05-09-2005, 12:16 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I ordered my ll bean bag in end of March beginning of Aril and they said it was backordered until June 12 and I already got mine. They were very quick sending it!!!!! It is a great bag especially I think for two. Right now I am finding it a bit of an overkill for just my 12 months old. But that is just me. I used to be a really heavy packer but have learned to cut it down some since she is older. Don't get me wrong I like to be prepared but I used to pack a few extra outfits and all kinds of toys and food and formula and everything else in the house :)

Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

mrsmac
05-11-2005, 11:28 AM
I can't help you with the waiting part. I'm not sure I'd have that much patience either, but I did want to let you know that I think this is an awesome bag. I have been carrying it everyday for the pat few weeks with my 18mo old and newborn and it is wonderful. I have a ton of stuff in it and I've loved it. Just my 2cents!

bergbaby
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi! I'm also looking at the llbean diaperbag. great tip about the Touring bag. My question is for the Touring bag owners. Does it have a strap pad like the one pictured for the diaper bag? That's a main attraction for me....my skip hop kills my shoulder. Thanks! Sandy

ktdid74
05-11-2005, 03:51 PM
deleted