PDA

View Full Version : LE Classic DIA (old style)

heatherlynn
05-13-2005, 06:49 AM
I bought this on the Lands Ends overstocks page. They had the red one available on Saturday so I bought it (they only have orange again). For $11.50 I think it's a nice bag. It's big, so probably better for when you need to pack a lot. I wish it had an outside bottle pocket (for my water) and maybe a center divider. It has a large zipper pocket on the outside on one side and an open pocket on the other side. Inside there are mesh pockets on one side (big enough for playtex bottles) and mesh pockets and a zipper pocket on the other.

Overall, I really like this bag. I know a lot of people don't, but for $11.50, it might be great for a beach bag or travel bag for some.

HTH!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and surprise! edd 11/05

tobycat
05-13-2005, 07:18 AM
I just bought it in orange yesterday, so I don't have it yet. From what I have heard from a previous post it is a really big bag, but since we don't have one I think it will be good for day trips and keeping stocked in the car.

I am contemplating a Timbuk2 Cargo Tote. I was planning on getting the medium, but since the dimensions seem to be similar to the LE bag, maybe I should get the small. According to the timbuk2 website, the dimensions between the small and medium are only about 2 inches different, but the cubic volume is almost twice as much. I hate not being able to see things in person.

Candice

heatherlynn
05-13-2005, 09:16 AM
It is a big bag, but I don't think it's too big. Personally, I thought the Mothership was much bigger. I love the T2 messenger bags, but I couldn't get over the loud rrrriiiipppp of the velcro when I opened the flap (I know - I sound like a Seinfeld episode). Also, the medium T2 bag is HUGE! Maybe the dimensions are similar to the LE bag, but I wouldn't want to carry that thing around. I think the small would be sufficient even for 2 in diapers. There's an old post around here that has some comparison pictures of the medium w/ a few other bags. I think someone actually put a MS in the medium T2 that's how big it is.

Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and surprise! edd 11/05

tobycat
05-13-2005, 10:15 AM
I also disklike the velcro on T2 messenger bags. The cargo tote does not have the flap with velcro--it is a zip top, but still has the long messenger strap. I found an old post with the three (or four) sizes of the T2 cargo totes, but the were in comparison to each other. I need a pic of one in reference to something I already know the size of.

heatherlynn
05-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Here's a thread, but it doesn't have the cargo tote. Not sure this will help you though.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=17027&mode=full

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and surprise! edd 11/05