PDA

View Full Version : OK, I need a PURPLE diaper bag for a stroller

Beth568
05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Can someone help me find a fun purple bag for the stroller I just ordered? I'm getting a Quinny Zapp (sigh, I'm in love with it) in mauve, which looks from the photos I've seen like a pretty deep purple. I've seen Skip Hop bags in bright colors on strollers, but not purple...anyone know about something similar that might match for me? I'm thinking I could always do the bubble gum pink, but that might be a bit much.

Not, of course, that the baby will care in the least what color any of this is...but her sister is the one who voted for the purple stroller, which she thinks is "the very beautifulest color ever." :D

audball
05-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I know that Haiku makes a very beautiful purple messenger...they are priced a little steep, but they are very useful. Also, One Cool Chick may have a complimenting fabric (www.onecoolchick.com).

I was thinking of a contrasting color - like the Skip Hop in orange or something cool like that. Maybe you could find a dark green bag somewhere?

callalillyanne
05-13-2005, 12:17 PM
I have heard that the Loom Marsupial in Lilac is supposed to match the mauve Zapp really well. You can see it at www.loomlife.com.

I also agree that an orange bag would be a neat compliment (I am biased though because I really like orange ;) ).

HTH!

audball
05-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Oooo...good call, Anne! I totally forgot about the new Marsupial colors :)...they have a Mandarin (orange) too...

I love orange!

Beth568
05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks! Those colors are gorgeous. But will it strap onto a stroller the way the Skip Hop Duo does?

I'm thinking orange or even possibly red could look funky, too...trying to imagine my DH carrying a bag in any of these colors if I send him out with the purple stroller, LOL! ;)

audball
05-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I haven't seen the Quinny Zapp IRL, so I'm not sure what the mauve looks like but I forgot that diaperbags.com (and a few other places!) was having a sale on their purple messenger. You can't put it on like a Skip Hop, but maybe you can drape the strap over the handlebars? (Forgive me, I know very little about strollers these days :)!).

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/12317792/prd/18477419/ccsyn/260

If the link doesn't work - it was the OiOi Messenger in Purple, with Lime Green Interior and Trim. I really liked me OiOi - great accessories and nice size too!

holliam
05-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Well, I am going to get a green Fleurville sling tote for mine. :) It's not an ideal match b/c of the brown trim on the sling tote. But, I refuse to get a PVC diaper bag and I love the design of the sling tote and I absolutely love green and purple together. Purple is DH's favorite color and green is mine. :)

I thought of the Loom and OiOi bags but I hate bags that have a flap over them. I need direct zipper access.

Some of the other sling tote colors are more of a match perhaps.

Holli

jerseygirl07067
05-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Pretty crazy, but I was on the phone with Lands End this morning, inquiring about the medium tailored diaper tote, and they said that you can now get it in brown or purple! It's not on the website yet though... It's just a tote so it won't strap to the stroller obviously, but it has that cool light blue interior which I love. HTH!

Marcy

fuzzies_mom
05-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I have a purple and lime OiOi messenger which I really love. It is a beautiful dark purple with green interior. I will attach picts.

Also, it is not a great messenger--the strap is too short and non-adjustable. So it might do well on a stroller. It doesn't hook on like a skip hop does.

HTH
Alyssa
Gabriel Peter 2/27/05