PDA

View Full Version : LE, LLBean, or other?

jgriffin
05-15-2005, 09:56 AM
I've read a lot of the messages in this forum to help me decide which diaper bag to get, but not being able to see them IRL makes it difficult. And not actually needing one yet makes it hard to know what I'll need. I'm not due until the end of July, so I've got plenty of time (or at least it seems like that!)

I like the looks of the Lands End diaper bags, both the Little Tripper and the DIA. I looked at the LLBean bag, but it seems really big. I've heard a lot about the Skip Dash bag...where can I find these?

I am thinking about getting 2 bags; a large one for all-day trips or for backup in the car, and a small one for going out to the store or dinner. Is this logical thinking, or am I being naive?

Some requirements (that I think I'll need):
-inside color not black black
-outside color not that big a deal (although I like the LE colors a lot)
-can be worn messenger style
-can be put on handles of Pliko P3
-velcro is ok, but I'd prefer none
-easy to clean
-could possibly be converted into a laptop bag without too much trace of its former life

So my big question is...will getting both LE bags serve my needs? Or should I keep looking at other bags? I *think* both LE bags fit all of these requirements, but I'd appreciate any comments on them.

Also...a question about color. We are getting the Metalica P3 (mostly red and silver). I really like the deep claret color for the LE Little Tripper. If I hang the diaper bag from the P3 handles, are the colors going to clash big time? I don't want to be stuck with a red or grey bag just because the stroller has those colors. :)

TIA!

Jen

Emmas Mom
05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
I have a P3 in Metallica & the red LE Little Tripper. It fits on the handles just fine. I also HAD the DIA...that also fit on the P3 handles fine. I'm not big on my diaper bag matching my stroller but I can tell you the reds match fine, not sure about the Claret though. Currently I've got a Pink Chocolate Fleurville ST that I use with my P3 & I just don't care that my diaper bag is pink & my stroller is red. That's me though. ;) The LT doesn't have any velcro, don't remember if the DIA does (but I don't THINK so??). I'm not sure if the LT will fit a laptop since I don't have one so maybe someone else can let you know that. I don't think you'd want to use the DIA though for your laptop cause it will definitely still look like a diaper bag! And you can wash the LE bags in the washer, just do it on gentle cycle. :D HTH!!

Mikesa3
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
The claret is more of a maroon then the purple it is on the Land's end website so it would blend with the red (I think) .I've read here that the dia is very big so you still might want a medium size bag.I know the hospital here give away a medium size black one when you have a baby there so if yours does that could work for your in between bag.HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

nfowife
05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a LE LT and it is great. BUT, at least for me (with a newborn right now) it isn't big enough, and I don't think I'm a big packer, either (breastfeeding, so no bottles- all I put in there is a change of clothes, thin receiving blanket, a bunch of NB diapers and a wipes case, and the front pocket is my stuff). I ended up ordering a Dash and it is perfect for me right now! I can fit in everything I need for the day but it isn't so huge either. I bought it unseen online and am very happy with it. Also, my dash is red and it is awesome, I love it!
Good luck!

nfowife
05-16-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a LE LT and it is great. BUT, at least for me (with a newborn right now) it isn't big enough, and I don't think I'm a big packer, either (breastfeeding, so no bottles- all I put in there is a change of clothes, thin receiving blanket, a bunch of NB diapers and a wipes case, and the front pocket is my stuff). I ended up ordering a Dash and it is perfect for me right now! I can fit in everything I need for the day but it isn't so huge either. I bought it unseen online and am very happy with it. Also, my dash is red and it is awesome, I love it!
Good luck!

daniele_ut
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I love my Land End LT and it has worked really well for me as a day-to-day bag. Now that I am no longer pumping at work and don't carry the pump bag, I carry the LT instead. I also have a Skip Hop Duo that I just got and have used once for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica. It is a great stroller bag, but I couldn't see carrying it without the stroller. It definitely has the black hole effect. My other bag is the freebie black microfiber bag I got in the hospital. It has a messenger flap and an insulated compartment and 2 bottle pockets on the outside(it was the "breastfeeding support" tote from Enfamil). We use this frequently for DH to take on errands and to the sitter. I have been seriously considering the DIA as well to have as an overnight bag or to keep in the car, but I want to see how big it really is IRL. I need to check Sears and see if they have one.

As for the LT holding a laptop, I am sitting here at my desk at work with my LT and my Dell Latitude D600 and there is NO way that it would fit in there! The LT meets your other needs though. As a side note, I saw some GREAT laptop totes at Target the other day for about $25.00. They had plain black and some adorable stripes and polkadots. My Dell came with a tote, so I really can't justify one right now!

babybee1
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I can't answer most of your questions but I can tell you that hospitals everywhere seem to give out a (not too big) black bag that I found to be really useful...Now that I'm pregnant with #2, I would advise you to maybe get one bag and then see what that one bag doesn't work for--if I had waited til after DD was born to get my first diaper bag I think I would have ended up with a better one for my needs.

Also, I know that some people use the SH as a laptop bag (a SA at a place nearby told me she ordered one for herself for that purpose..)

Other than that, I am still looking for something like the bag you describe (they're out there, but I prefer to see things IRL as well, and the stuff I've liked best so far has been uber expensive Oi Oi and Caden Lane)

Good luck!

jgriffin
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
This is a huge help, thanks to everyone! Although I'm still not sure what I'm going to get, I think I might just wait until after the kid is born and see what I need, or just get the smaller LE bag for now. After all, it's not like we're going to be rushing out to restaurants that first week or two anyway, right? :)