PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my Caden Lane diaper bag!! (pics included)

cdlamis
05-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I finally am posting my review of the Caden Lane diaper bag (Kane). I LOVE this bag. I saw it mentioned here a few weeks ago and bought it online that same day- without even seeing it in person! One of the dangers of this board! :)

I have had numerous diaper bags and I think this is the one. It fits a lot, looks small and compact (since it sits so close to the body when carrying it), and it's adorable! The 2 side pockets actually fit any sippy cup including my big, wide water bottle. There are also 2 open pockets on each side that fit my wallet in one and my keys/cell phone in the other. Inside, there are 2 open pockets and one large zippered pocket. Also inlcuded is an matching insulated bottle bag (so cute!), a matching changing pad, and a see through zippered bag.

The handles have buckles so you can make them longer or shorter.

I know a lot of people don't like totes but I can't stand messenger bags. I had an Aplha 7 and loved the bag but hated that it hung down low and would hit me in the waist as I walked. I always felt like it was bigger than it was. I like totes since I can carry right next to me and have more control over it.

I bought mine from Jen at http://www.expressivetoys.com/calabodibagi.html
She was great to work with and the bag was shipped the very next day.

I am attaching pictures. The third is of the bag semi-empty so you can see the interior.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25771.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25772.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25773.jpg

nfowife
05-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh, you are seriously tempting me with those pics! I have been drooling over this bag for at least 5 months. But, I just got a new SH Dash last week so I think DH would not be too happy if I went for this! But...I'd love to see a pic of it on your shoulder to get a good idea of the size if you have a chance! I love this bag!!

babybee1
05-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi! I love this bag, too! I've seen it IRL but didn't get enough time to really check it out. I like bags that zip across the top (messenger or tote--somehow flaps look good to me but aggravate me from a practical angle), but one thing I wondered about with this bag was whether I'd be able to hang it from my stroller bars since the straps aren't as long as on a messenger-style bag. Can you tell me if you hang it on your stroller and/or how long is the longest measurement you can adjust them to? Thanks!!

ckleist
08-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Just wondering if you still love your caden lane and how is it holding up? How is the laminated interior? I really like the look of the bag, but not sure I like the laminated interior and the main reason keeping from seriously considering this bag.

sophiesmom
08-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Can you tell me if there is an outside pocket to hold the changing pad? I don't like putting the changing pad right in with all my stuff. I've seen people do some gross things on public changing tables! (like chaning a huge poopie diaper on a squirming toddler w/out laying a pad down!)

babybee1
08-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I still really like it. The rounded top part means it has slightly less room than you might expect. I am not using it daily right now but it is holding up very well so far. I like the laminated interior since it's so bright--is your concern durability or just the look? Durability-wise, I haven't had any issues but I can report back later if you'd like...

HTH!
Rebecca

babybee1
08-18-2005, 09:07 PM
There are several outside pockets--two on either end and then two across the front and back respectively...I am not sure if they would hold the changing pad that comes with the bag, since it's fairly bulky, but I would think they'd fit a smaller pad easily (a pretty fat water bottle fits into the end pockets w/ no problem)

HTH!
Rebecca

toomanyrachels
08-18-2005, 09:47 PM
i was shopping today and saw the Kate, and bought it on the spot. I REALLY fell for it, I love the interior space and have been wanting to try a tote since I get frustrated by my messenger bag. 2 questions - what do you use the "mama pouch" for? Also I've never used an insulated bottle bag without an ice pack before, but this one seems too skinny to fit a blue ice pack. Can it be used without, and for how long?

Thanks,
Rachel