PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of Kecci Fuschia, Caramel, and Azalea bags??

SASM
05-16-2005, 12:23 AM
My Magenta bag has faded INSANELY! Kecci will replace my bag (Magenta is discontinued) so now I have to narrow it down to one of these three colors. I have tried to see them IRL but my local BBB or TRS do not have these in stock. :( So...any real life photos out there?

This bag is my primary bag so any opinions on which would be best for not showing stains and decreased apparent fading would be appreciated.

TIA!!

suzhatch1
05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Oooohhh...that's too bad! I just purchased a Magenta one from eBay (I already have the Chartreuse/Pink & love it!). I hope mine doesn't fade too much.

Well, I haven't seen any of these 3 colors IRL myself. But I did find some listings on eBay where someone has taken real-life photos of the Caramel Kecci (looks like it has a gold interior):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15558&item=8305336972&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

There is an Azalea one on eBay too, but looks like a stock photo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15558&item=8305885256&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I haven't seen Fuschia...

The Azalea looks pretty from the photos...more of a delicate cherry blossom embroidery & probably a bit more on the lighter pink side than the Magenta. :)

Suz

SASM
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Suz,

Thank you for the EBay links! I am glad that I saw the real photos of the Caramel! Now all I need is Azalea and Fuschia :) Any out there??

THANK YOU!!

murpheyblue
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Here are some pics I posted of my Azalea Kecci:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=63&topic_id=16796&mesg_id=16871&page=

HTH!

suzhatch1
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Is it just me...or do the Azalea & the Fuschia look exactly the same except for the color of the interior lining?

Suz

P.S. Edit - I just noticed someone posted on eBay a true FUSCHIA Kecci bag. It does look different, the exterior color is about the same as the Azalea (maybe just a tad bit more pink), but the floral design is also different. I think someone else had posted on eBay a Kecci that they were calling "FUSHCIA", but they used a picture of the Azalea bag, that's why when I looked at them earlier they both looked the same.

They both look beautiful! :)

purpleeyes
05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Wow! My teal Kecci also faded HORRIBLY, but I had no idea that I had any recourse for it. How did you go about contacting them and what did you say? Also, I bought mine at Nordstrom Rack-does that matter?

Thanks!!

Beth

cleo27
05-18-2005, 09:20 AM
I also have a Magenta Kecci, but haven't used it very much yet. I was just curious if you know what caused it to fade (sunlight, washing it?)

Thanks!

purpleeyes
05-18-2005, 03:47 PM
My guess is sunlight-from being on the front seat of my car. That's the only time it would have been in the sun-otherwise I store it in a basket in my dark foyer! ;)
But still, it wasn't like I left it in the sun all day every day--and that's what it looked like!! So perhaps it is a problem with the fabric...

I didn't even think of calling to replace it-I hope they are cool about it when I call, too!

Beth

Mommy to Cian 8/26/04

SASM
05-19-2005, 06:34 AM
I emailed them. I just described the fading and length of use. I cannot believe I am having such a difficult time deciding on a color! Nothing is really shouting out to me :( I have an opportunity to switch it for another Magenta but am so afraid that the same thing will happen again.

SASM
05-19-2005, 06:38 AM
I haven't washed mine, so definitely sunlight. The strange thing is that it is faded all around, even on the back and bottom (I only use it in the backpack mode). I actually noticed the fading when I saw the inside of a strap and was shocked that my bag was that color at one point :( What a bummer... :(

khakismom
05-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Sharyn, that stinks! Good luck picking out another color. I think they are all so pretty. I ordered and received a Caramel Kecci about 2 weeks ago (I have the chartreuse one and LOVE it) but returned it last week (I offered it up on swap but got no takers so back it went). I did not like the color at all. It is VERY gold and so was the interior. Unfortunately I did not take any pics of it, so I can't help you that way. But just know that it is very GOLD. If you like it, go for it. (I myself was hoping it would be more khaki, but it wasn't. :( And now I'm regretting selling my old beige one. Oh well! Live and learn!)

smiliedds
05-20-2005, 02:21 PM
This is interesting. I am in the process of exchanging my bags with Kecci too. My Magenta bag has faded pretty bad. And I had only used it in backpack mode with no more than occassional sunlight exposure from brief walks. I wanted a pink one again but I decided that I didn't want to take the chance of another faded bag. Even though the customer service is pretty god, I don't want to keep paying for the bags to go back.

By the way, it took me forever to decide on a new colour too ;)

Rebecca