PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart covers????

mtrattner
05-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Hello! I know this is mostly about diaper bags but can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have seen people with shopping cart covers at the store and wanted to know where to get them and which are the best. I would really like it to work on the high chairs at restaurants too. Unfortunately it seems like I haven't seen anyone using one since I started looking for one. So now I have no one to ask.

TIA
:) Melanie

murpheyblue
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
The ones from www.sewcuteboutique.com get raves around here.

cdlamis
05-16-2005, 05:25 PM
I loved our Buggybag seat cover. I sold it when it got too big to fit it restaraunt high chairs (my DD is on the bigger side). You had to stuff it into the highchairs. But now I regret seling it. It was the perfect cover- it is the easiest to fold up, carry and set up since you can do all with one hand. It is very plush- my DD once fell asleep in the cart so I laid her down in the seat and she stayed asleep.

They are a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion.
http://www.buggybaggs.com/

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

mom2aidan
05-16-2005, 09:10 PM
I just purchased the buggybag cover and I love it! It folds into a bag so it does have it's own handle which makes it easy to carry while holding my DS in one arm. It comes with a buckle to secure to the cart. And my DS loves the pillow that comes with it. It has really paid off for me to get this since my DS recently just started to bite the cart.:-) I think he's teething.
As for it being a highchair cover, I haven't tried using it for that. I already have a highchair cover which is smaller than the buggybag so I think I'll stick with that one.

I bought mine from the store below. It's the cheapest I can find.
http://store.yahoo.com/brandsplace/0202-bagg.html

Emmas Mom
05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
I will attest to the quality of Cathy's work. She's the owner of www.sewcuteboutique.com. She's fabulous to work with. You can pick any of her fabrics, buy your own & send it to her (she discounts it if you send your own fabric) or you can have fabric shipped to her from a couple places (I know she uses www.thecottonshop.net). Her covers come with toy clips, a pillow, a pocket for sippys/bottles/toys, and you can also get a clip to attach the belt to a shopping cart (see her site for a picture & better description than that). I got one from her last summer at the recommendation of this board & have NOT regretted it one bit. My DD is 21 months now & I still use it & plan to keep using it. HTH. :)

nitaghei
05-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I got mine from www.covers4kids.com , based on recommendations here. We've been using ours for almost two years now, and it still looks great, and functions perfectly. It rolls up in the attached tote to carry. She has a ton of fabric choices, as well.

HTH

Nita (wool is my crack)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

teddy
05-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I haven't seen them mentioned here in a while, but 2 years ago when I was looking for one for DD I chose a Snazzy Seat from Snazzybaby.com. I found them through all the recs on this board. I used it in the cart and the restaurant very easily. It had some clips to clip toy link to as well as a nice long seatbelt to thread through the shopping cart. I recall the customer service as being really great. I also like that they are cushy but not puffy, and also reversible. Anyhoo, I just started using it again with DS and he likes it!

Alys the Cat
05-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Another vote for Cathy and www.sewcuteboutique.com. She does gorgeous work!

cdlamis
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
I have a Snazzy Baby now. I love the fabric but I think the price is now almost $100! Ouch! I didn't like that it didn't fold up into its own carrying case like my BuggyBag but I liked the fabric options, etc. I can't wait to start using it again when DD #2 starts sitting.

I don't think its been discussed here in a while since it's so pricey now.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

teddy
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Yikes! Had it been $100 back then I definitely would not have bought it. It's meant to get somewhat dirty so I don't need to spend that much, for goodness sakes!

cdlamis
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Yes, I just checked and it's $108 now!! That is a lot of money for a shopping cart cover, no matter how fancy it is. I wouldn't have bought it for that price either. I think I paid $65-70?

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
and Isabella 12-18-04

ShaniB123
05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Has anyone used the Clean Shopper? It's at:
http://kirstensgi12095.goeserv.com/images/newcleanshopper/Shopping_Cart_Cover_Clean_Shopper_Baby_Shopping_Ca rt_Covers.htm

It looks good, but I've just started researching cart covers and don't have a lot to compare it to.

Also, re SewCuteBoutique, are those covers really that portable? I'd love something that could fit in my diaper bag, or at least something that's not bulky. The Clean Shopper looks very portable, but I've never seen one IRL.

daniele_ut
05-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I now have both the Clean Shopper and one from www.sewcuteboutique.com, LOL!! I ordered a cover from Cathy last month in the Silly Blue Frogs pattern knowing that we would need it soon. DH thought it was silly, until one of our best friends (who has no kids) read an article about inventions by moms that mentioned the Clean Shopper and bought me one for Mother's Day. There is no way I can return it, since we see them ALL the time, so I am keeping one in each car.

The sewcuteboutique cover will not fit in a diaper bag. It is pretty bulky, but SO cushy! The Clean shopper is a little more portable, but definitely not as comfy. It does the job, but it is definitely not as cute!

zapmansmom
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
My vote is for Cathy at Sewcuteboutiqe!!! I love our cover and so does my DH and my DS seems happy to be sitting in it!! We get people stopping us all the time. It washed very well. The prices was right and she was very fast in her turn around.

Claudine~

Mom to a Super Hero
named Zapman
aka(Zachary)8.5 months

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25931.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25932.txt

carrie81566
05-31-2005, 08:43 PM
This site compares several of the popular covers.
http://www.burdickbaby.com/seatcovcomch.html

lisajay
06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I was just about to recommend that site. It has a chart with all the info you need to know side by side. I decided on the buggybag using this info. I like it because you can install it while holding the baby. The other one that I liked the looks of (for features) is the Cart Comforter, if I hadn't decided to splurge on the more expensive BuggyBag I would have gone with that one. I found the CartComforter in Price Chopper on sale for $25.
I don't regret getting the BuggyBag though. Like someone else mentioned the pillow has come in very handy, and it is so comfy for my dd. Also, it has zippered pockets, so I don't need to carry my purse or a diaper bag. I put in a diaper,wipes,disposable changing pad, disposable bib, and disposable adhesive backed placemats. I also put my wallet, coupons, and cell phone in there. So I'm all set for shopping or taking dd to a restaurant. It also has places to attatch toys so dd doesn't get bored.
Good Luck with you decision, let us know what you decide
LJ

mak54321
06-05-2005, 06:12 PM
We got ours at BRU and it was ~$40. It comes in a red or blue background with different designs on it.

EZ Carry Floppy Seat Shopping Cart Seat Cover

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009VE5J/ref=wl_it_dp/103-6522426-2681402?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I2H76COV0SM89C&v=glance&colid=1JF33SSMTHH98

HTH.

JaysTeri
06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I have to add that I've had a really bad experience with Snazzy Baby's customer service. I've been waiting for a refund for a couple months now from when they shipped the wrong item. I haven't heard a word from them yet!

Go with Cathy. She is fabulous!

mtrattner
06-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I went with Cathy! So far she has been really helpful. She is on vacation so I will have to wait a little longer for my cover but I am excited.
Thanks again!
Melanie

ShaniB123
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, I ordered and received the Clean Shopper. It's fine- totally functional. But not very plush at all. I had never placed DD in a shopping cart before I received the Clean Shopper cover, so I didn't realize how much extra padding or cushioning could help out.

So... after reading everyone's reviews and seeing Claudine's adorable picture above, I ordered a cover from Cathy at SewCuteBoutique in the Kitty Kids pattern. I figure two shopping cart covers isn't too many, right?

Shani
Mom to Madeline Emma (10-9-04)

tobycat
06-16-2005, 10:35 AM
I know mine is not fashionable, but it is totally functional! I have the NOJO from Babies R Us. It can be used in a shopping cart or high chair. Becuase it comes apart I can also use it as a little extra cushion in DD's Volo stroller. It is $14.99 at BRUS. I got it at a consignment store for $4.

It is not as cushy-looking as the ones posted, but DD sits well and doesn't need a pillow. And really, we are never in a store for that long anyway. It is also much more compact (I hate to carry a lot of stuff.)

Candice

heidi_timms
06-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I have a Snazzybaby and love it, but I didn't pay the $100+ that they are now.

I just bought one from Cathy at sewcuteboutique.com as well, for a gift. I gave my friend the choice of any fabric and she wanted one with the Burberry plaid. I am not personally a Burberry fan, but I think it will turn out very cute!!!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03