PDA

View Full Version : I can't commit to a diaper bag...Please help

LoriH
05-17-2005, 05:29 PM
I have been researching diaper bags on this board since I was 7 months pregnant and now my DS is 3 months old and I still have not been able to decide on a diaper bag.

At least now I know what I want in a diaper bag. I have a Kecci and I like it, but it's not big enough for me. I know that I am a serious over-packer. I would like a diaper bag that can be worn messenger style. I also want something that can accomodate my Avent bottles. Here are the bags that I have been considering.

Posh Baby Bag
Oi Oi Messenger Bag
Fluerville Mothership or Sling Tote
Petunia Picklebottom shoulder bag

Does anyone have any opinions. My DH will only let me buy one expensive bag so I have to make sure it's the right one. Please help me find the bag for me so that I can finally stop spending hours researching bags.

TIA

nov02mom
05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
The PPB is quite large, but might be too similar to your Kecci. The toddler tote is smaller....
I'm not a Mothership fan...too many issues with the vinyl, the ST looks like a great bag ( and bigger than I thought)
Don't know much about the Posh.
The OiOi is a nice bag.....just not as "fun" as the PPS or Sling Tote.

suzhatch1
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm totally with you on this one...I'm 9 mo pregnant & for the last 4 months have been obsessed with finding the "perfect" diaper bag. In my case, I actually have bought tons of bags just to return them because I put them thru a "trial run" of packing them up to see how much they fit & then returning them if it's just not quite right. (DH thinks I'm crazy...and I'm starting to believe him! :))

I have a Kecci (actually 2 of them) & a Skip Hop Dash and size wise they are pretty good for a bag that stays compact, but I agree, they could use a little bit more room (I tend to overpack, but would rather not be caught needing something that I didn't bring). Then again, when given a larger bag I tend to overpack...so pick your evils, huh?!

I found that some of the tote style bags I have actually hold the most, but in your case if you prefer a messenger bag have you tried the Timi & Leslie Messenger? It has gorgeous brocade designs (like the PPB & Kecci), but has a soft, pliable vinyl coating (like the Fleurville). The dimensions seemed small to me when I read the descriptins online, but the organization is fabulous so really I can fit just a little bit more in my T&L Large Bebe messenger bag than I can in my Kecci.

HTH!
Suz

P.S. The search for the perfect diaper bag "never" ends...that's why they invented shopping sprees!! :)

mommato2boys
05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Here's another overpacker!!! BUT, I can't tell you how many times, I have used one of my little "maybe-I-will-need" items and have been thrilled that I thought to pack them! Also, I leave the house in the morning and return always after 5:00pm, more like 6-7-or even 8pm, so I do need to be able to make it through a whole day with my diaper bag. My overpacking has saved me in many cases. I always have an extra blanket and at least three changed of clothes (at least now when DS is still little). I carry a first aid kit, which with a five year old, has sadly gotten a lot of use!!! (the power of a bandaid is priceless!)
I recently got the Baby Sherpa....I haven't even packed it yet....I literally just took off the plastic. So I can't really comment on how I like it yet, but I think it will be a great bag for the beach this summer. I have a diaper dude...which I love, but not enough room. I have a Landsend DIA bag, and it does hold alot but I really just don't care for it...I am not really sure why, maybe just to plain jane?
I am currently using my older Kelty kids backpack, I really love the three way to carry. And it fits tons!
I ordered a 2redhen whole roaster bag, not sure about this one, but the dimensions are big so we will see! I think they are super cute though.