PDA

View Full Version : Backpack diaper bag NOT in black!!

TLC1994
05-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm desperately in need of a new diaper bag that is NOT black!! I've had a bunch of diaper bags over the past 3 years and they have ALL been black. Yes, it's safe, but it's getting a bit boring too.

So, any recommendations for a backpack diaper bag that's functional but with a pattern or some color and preferably under $60 or so? Hope that's not too much to ask for!

Thanks!

Emmas Mom
05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
What about the Kecci Shanghai Mommy Bags?? They have some VERY cute colors & can be worn as a backpack.

heatherlynn
05-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Maybe check out a Chester on their sale page. I have one that I bought from a swapper and I love it! Not much organization, but it's lightweight, holds a lot, not huge, and super comfortable to wear (at least for me).

Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and surprise! edd 11/05

ckleist
05-18-2005, 04:23 PM
dakine helix is not a diaperbag, but works great as one for me. it comes in khaki, silver, brown, and of course black. if you do a search, you'll find my previous post with links to pics. it holds a lot but is not enormous. I got in on ebags with a coupon for $35 and free shipping.

mharling
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Not an official diaper bag, but I've just started using this:

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/images/products/1/1158group_m.jpg

http://www.ellingtonleather.com/product_detail.lasso?-token.product_section=Lightweight%20Travel&-token.modelline=The%20Traveling%20Woman&-token.skip=1

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005

TLC1994
05-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I like the idea of the Ellington Tripper Tote/Backpack but was just wondering if the velcro was really loud. I know that probably sounds weird and overly picky, but I'll be using this bag a lot at church and I'd prefer to be able to open the bag without too much notice from those around me. From the looks of the bag, you have to undo velcro to get to the inside, there are no zippers or snaps, correct?

Otherwise, the bag itself is REALLY cute and I love all the colors! BTW - it's also available on eBags for the same price with no shipping charge!!

mharling
05-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Yep, the velcro is loud. BUT, there is a clip on top. I usually leave the velcro undone if I'm using it as a tote and just use the clip. Even if you had it in backup mode, you could undo the velcro before church starts and just use the clip.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005