PDA

View Full Version : 2 Red Hen Whole Rooster

mommato2boys
05-18-2005, 03:15 PM
I ordered a whole rooster bag and a hen bag...I am hoping to use the hen bag as a purse. My question is how much does the whole rooster hold...the dimensions seem large which would be a plus...but from experience, how much does it hold? Does anyone have this bag? How do you like it? pros and cons? I am so excited to get my new bag(s)...heehhhheee...might just keep both!!!! SSSSHHHHH!!!!!

mommato2boys
05-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone own this bag?? Now, I am getting nervous...any 2redhenfans?

khakismom
05-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't know how much exactly a Whole Roost holds, but I believe it is a lot. My girlfriend has twins that are almost 2 years old and totes all kinds of stuff in her Whole Roost.

I don't have a WR but I have a Hen and a Rooster and love them both. The Hen is a perfect purse size and the Rooster is great for quick trips or 1 baby if you are a small packer. I packed mine for the retreat weekend for traveling and I got quite a bit in there.

They are also the lightest bag. Not so hot with organization, but so lightweight and very stylish. I love 2RH bags!

HTH! :)

saschalicks
05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
This bag is great I love it. I can fit 3 bottles, formula holder, 3 jars of food, an extra outfit, 4 size 3 dipes, wipes, changing pad, baby first aid (self made), mommy stuff (in a small purse), a book, and a toy w/room for another toy if needed. It doesn't have a lot of organization, but I don't care, b/c it holds so much. We used it more when DS was younger and we had to take out more. I now use it as an overnight at his grandparents house. It's a great bag and permanent in my stable of bags. HTH

jordan1212
05-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I just bought a rooster size today at Nordstrom's. Its a wild print, the hot pink, aqua blue, lime green, black swirl, 70's looking print (lava daisys). It is not a print I would have picked online, but it person it was cute. What color did you get? I also have a mothership bag, that was too big to take most places. So I hope the rooster size works for an everyday bag. I may also get a skip hop to put on my stroller. My baby is only 4 weeks old and I am already on bag #2, and wanting a third. This board gives me too many ideas!

mommato2boys
05-23-2005, 09:01 AM
I ordered the retro cowboy one in hen size and then I ordered a true blue in the whole rooster size....I loved the more boyish prints, I think they are adorable! Can't wait until they come!!!

cimberdog
05-23-2005, 03:40 PM
>I ordered the retro cowboy one in hen size and then I ordered
>a true blue in the whole rooster size....I loved the more
>boyish prints, I think they are adorable! Can't wait until
>they come!!!

I have the Hen in the True Blue print and I love it as a tote bag. It's a bit big for me as a purse (or gosh maybe I have the Rooster? I bought it awhile back and have no idea now that I think about it!). Anyway, the True Blue is a fun print for boys (I have two boys).

The Whole Roost is close in size to a Fleurville Mothership. It will hold a lot - especially if you have bottles and sippy cups plus diapers and changes of clothes and toys for two kids. I've had 3 motherships and finally ended up downsizing to a backpack. However, I just ordered a "Chick" in the Carnival print to use as a quick diapers and wipes only take along bag. But most times for short trips I find I don't need a huge diaper bag anymore unless I have to entertain my toddler with a bazillion toys and books.

mommato2boys
05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I have two boys also, and while I like pink bags, as far as diaper bags, I just can't, I *KNOW* people will wonder why am I carrying a pink bag with boys, plus, luckily for them, I like the boys prints. I like camo prints.
Glad to know the whole rooster is close to mothership size, I looked at a mothership this weekend at a local store, marked down to $74.XX but just couldn't do the pink on it, but it was a nice looking bag. I am so excited to see these bags in person. The same store had the wagons bag (not sure of the real name), it was cute but I didn't care for the green on it. Now I just have to sit back and wait........