PDA

View Full Version : Toddler diaper bag?

emschwar
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm in the market for a new diaper bag. We currently have the 2 eddie bauer bags from BRU. The big one is way too big, and the little one is just a little too small now that I have to lug around sippy cups and snacks. Any suggestions? I'd like something durable, and not horribly expensive (less than $50 would be great, although I might be able to talk myself into a bit more than that if I try hard enough ;))

Thanks!

jamsmu
05-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Are you thinking messenger, tote, back pack....?

When I think Toddler bag, I think smaller, because you won't need to carry as much. But what do you need in your bag?

emschwar
05-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Shoulder bag, probably.

I need a few diapers, a pack of wipes, diaper cream, an extra outfit or 2, a sippy cup, a couple small take and toss containers of snacks, a bib, a jar of baby food (yup, he still eats that too), a few small toys. A pocket for my papers would be handy too (coupons, doctor copay receipts, etc).

I'm thinking of a kecci, if I can convince DH to spend that much.

mommato2boys
05-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Although I don't have one....yet....how about 2redhen HEN bag? They are super cute!!! Price wise though...hmmmm...

jamsmu
05-19-2005, 11:43 AM
What about a SkipHop? We love ours--its so convenient. And your DH may like the look more than the Kecci.

sophiesmom
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
i have a 2 year old and almost 4 year old and was in the same position as you. LE do it all too big and little tripper too small. i couldn't really spend a lot of $. i ordered the skyline kids backpack diaperbag off of ebags.com for $34 and free shipping (free returns too).

although it's nothing fancy, i actually like it. it's not too huge and not too small. i can carry it on one shoulder or both (plus my husband wont mind carrying it!) there is a pocket in the very back for the changing pad. lots of zippered compartments to keep me organized. 2 pockets on the inside. 2 pockets on each side outside for sippies (a big requirement for me). i have tons of stuff in it (cream, suntan lotion, first aid stuff, table toppers, some of my stuff, diapers, wipes, extra clothes, etc) and it's not heavy at all. i still have plenty of room in the main compartment to add snacks and jackets.

good luck!

emschwar
05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
That's a possibility, although DH rarely carries the diaper bag, so he doesn't get a say in how it looks ;) I'll have to go check out a skiphop in a store near here.

emmiem
05-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Kecci Shanghai bags are huge. I haven't used mine since a two week trip. I am using a Kate Spade diaper bag but even that it getting too big. Lately, all I have in their for my 18 month old is 2-3 diapers, wipes, bib, and a disposable placement. I don't seem to carry cups or snacks around that much.
Michele

jamsmu
05-19-2005, 08:05 PM
That's a good point. I used my Kecci for about 3 weeks and it was too big, plus everything got lost because its so big at the bottom. Sure, there are pockets inside, but then lots of room.

You (original poster) carry a lot more than me. I only carry a sippy cup, 2-3 diapers, wipes case, snack trap and a few little people and a book. And my wallet, keys, and cell phone. For me, with so much space in the bottom, I found that everything moved around and got lost. Plus, I started carrying things I didn't need, just cause I had the space.

When DS was about 10 months, I switched to a small tote. And now I use the Skip Hop. Both are great for me because of lots of pockets. :)