PDA

View Full Version : How old does a baby have to be to sit in a shopping cart (with cover?)

ShaniB123
05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
How old does a baby have to be to sit in a shopping cart? DD is 7 months old. She's been sitting up for about 2 months now and sits pretty well, but I'm not sure if she's ready for a shopping cart, or how I'll know when she's ready.

squimp
05-18-2005, 11:51 PM
I would just try it out, since I don't think there's a set age. I think we started at about that age - you just want her to be fairly stable sitting up. You could try and prop her up a bit, I mean, have your purse on one side and a blanket on the other, to protect her if she tips. The cart and/or cover will have a strap, so she should be help in there pretty well. And obviously you'll want to go slow - she may be tippy on the turns.

jamsmu
05-19-2005, 09:12 AM
LOL DS was in one at about 5 months. As long as he was sitting up, I figured why not? Just make sure you strap her in -- and use the cover incase she falls asleep. I'd do a short run first to see what you think.

emschwar
05-21-2005, 08:25 AM
I put Noah in at about 5.5 months. He couldn't sit up on his own yet, but he could with support. The cart cover and a little blanket on either side kept him up well enough on short runs. (He'd slump if he got tired.) He loved sitting in the cart though! It was so exciting to ride around and look at mommy!

vlslusher
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
i ordered the one from sewcuteboutique but got a 2nd pillow, it works great for keeping little ones propped up before they are really sitting, as you have one for each side (we still ue both and she is 8 months old) it keeps them cornered in the highchairs, etc