PDA

View Full Version : How old does a baby have to be to sit in a shopping cart (with cover?)

ShaniB123
05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
How old does a baby have to be to sit in a shopping cart? DD is 7 months old. She's been sitting up for about 2 months now and sits pretty well, but I'm not sure if she's ready for a shopping cart, or how I'll know when she's ready.

murpheyblue
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I can't recall exactly how old DD was when we started putting her in the cart but it was around 7-8 months. Sometime after she grew out of the infant car seat. I think as long as your DD is sitting up you should be fine provided you stay close to ensure she doesn't tip over.

cleo27
05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Get one of the padded shopping cart covers (like covers4kids or sewcuteboutique) and she should be fine as long as she can sit up by herself.

lisajay
05-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Your baby should be fine with a nice padded shopping cart cover. The one I have has an attatchable pillow that they can use to snooze on when they are older but when they are smaller you can use it to make them fit nice and snug. I love my BuggyBagg. It fits on all sized carts, completely covers them so your baby doesn't touch anything on the cart, it is very well padded and you can operate it one handed. It also has zippered pockets for diapers, wallet etc.
Here is a link

http://www.buggybagg.com/default.asp

LJ

whittyanne
05-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Your DD is definitely ready! I *had* to put DS into a shopping cart before he was really even sitting up. He was too big for his infant carrier and was in a Marathon so I had to put him somewhere! I bought a padded shopping cart cover (Floppy Seat) and let him sit in there. He was fine - he had the "back" of the seat and since the cover was padded it was very comfy. He even fell asleep in it a few times!

We still use it...

ShaniB123
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Thank you, everyone! DD is a pretty good sitter (she's been sitting for over 2 months). Given that she's a good sitter, do you still think we need the bulk of a SewCuteBoutique cover, or would something thinner and less bulky do?

Shani
Mom to Madeline Emma (10-9-04)

JaysTeri
05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't say you *need* something bulky, but I love how comfy Cathy's shopping cart covers are. I started using mine with ds at 5.5 mo....he couldn't sit well on his own at the time and he was fine. Even at 9 mo he'll still topple over sometimes and I love that the cover is cushy enough to soften his tumbles.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend SnazzyBaby. I had a bad experience with them and I'm still waiting for a refund!