PDA

View Full Version : T2 Cargo tote

tobycat
05-19-2005, 09:53 AM
If anyone has either the small or the medium T2 Cargo tote, could you let me know what you think of the size. What do you carry in it?

I was going to get the medium, but think it might be too big for an everyday, trip to the store kind of bag. I keep a Lands End Do-it-all in my trunk. (One baby, 7 months old)

Thanks!
Candice

ckleist
05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
The dimensions listed on timbuk2's site are the dimensions of the bag at the widest/longest point. I ordered the small, medium, and large, because I was looking for an all day bag for 2 kids and a quick errand bag for either 1 or both kids. The small IMO would not be big enough for your stuff and baby's stuff (it just fit my stuff w/ very little room to spare) unless you are a really really light packer. I really like the look of the cargo totes, but IMO they are just not functional to use as a diaper bag, the organiztion is all wrong. I didn't like the 1 mesh bottle holder on the inside, the 1 big velcro pocket, or the organization pockets. In the small tote, I thought the organization pockets were almost useless because the zip pocket is so small. In fact, my wallet only fit in the zippered pocket of the large tote, and it is not a large wallet or a checkbook wallet. I ended up returning the small and medium totes and kept the large one. I think the medium size would be good for what you want. I really like the fact that they are machine washable which is one reason why I kept the large, because it would make a good gym bag.

I posted a review w/ links to pics about a month ago. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/c_kleist/album?.dir=2501&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

HTH

ckleist
05-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Forgot to ask, are you looking for a tote w/ shoulder strap option? If you are just looking for a tote style bag, I'm expecting to receive an eagle creek market tote today from ebags. This appears to suit my needs better than the medium cargo tote, I just wish it had the option of the shoulder strap. If you are interested in it, I can give you more info once I receive it.

http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/market_tote/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=53711

this place has a better pic http://www.letravelstore.com/ET60117.htm

tobycat
05-20-2005, 08:23 AM
I am really less concerned about the organization of the bag than the overall size. I keep everything in clear plastic zip pouches for organization. I also am a fairly light packer (at least for now). Definitely need the shoulder strap. I realize that the dimensions are posted on the T2 website, but I was hoping for feedback from someone who had packed one up and carried it around.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Candice

ckleist
05-20-2005, 02:18 PM
What I meant to say in my earlier post is that based on t2's dimensions, the bags sound bigger than they really are. I packed up the small cargo, and it barely fit my stuff, which is a small tri-fold style wallet, phone, small eagle creek pac it sac w/ epi pen, small bottle of tylenol, lipstick, inhaler. I could fit a sandwich bag of wipes, 1 size 4 diaper, and I think his sippy cup, but there wasn't any extra room for any small toys or his snack cup. I like to put my stuff in a separate pocket (or at least my wallet in a secure pocket), but the velcro pocket in the small didn't hold any of my stuff. Even in the medium size timbuk2, my stuff didn't fit well in the velcro sleeve/pocket. I thought about keeping the small as just a purse to use, but I'm more of a backpack person and knew I would alway pick my backpack purse over it. I think the medium size would probably suit your needs better than the small. When I was contemplating which size I wanted, my dh said there wasn't a significant difference in size between the small and medium, but there was a huge difference between medium and large. I pack like you do, w/ organizer bags and I don't like really organized bags w/ lots of pockets, because I can never remember where I put stuff, but my main complaint w/ the t2 bags is that I would like a secure pocket big enough to fit my stuff and the main compartment for all the kid stuff (and 2 exterior bottle pockets would be a bonus).

HTH

tobycat
05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks! That is a great description. I think I will go with the medium as soon as it is available in the lime/white/lime color.

Candice