PDA

View Full Version : Does the Kecci have a key clip or insulated bottle pocket?

twodogsandababy
05-19-2005, 11:54 AM
I just picked up the discontinued A7 in black corduroy, but am considering making a switch to a Kecci. (For me, a backpack option is indispensible.) One feature I really like about the A7 is the key clip, as I am constantly losing mine in the depths of a backpack. I also like the insulated bottle pocket, particularly in the summer. From what I can tell, the Kecci has neither of these features. Is that right?

Any other reason to prefer the A7 over the Kecci or vice versa?

TIA!

mcdonald29
05-19-2005, 01:44 PM
No, Kecci has neither a key clip or insulated pocket. I put my keys in one of the exterior bottle pockets -it's elasticized so I feel they are pretty secure.

I know nothing about A7's, so aside from the price I would speculate that another difference is the beauty of the Kecci fabric. Almost every time I use it, someone compliments it!

murpheyblue
05-19-2005, 01:59 PM
I have both and I personally like the A7 better because of the organization. It has tons of pockets on the outside. It also has more structure to it.

twodogsandababy
05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. I picked up a Kecci this evening and think I'll stick with my Alpha 7. (I put all my infant supplies plus a few toddler goodies in there to test.) I like the Kecci, but I have learned from my past experiences that I really *need* the organization, and the A7 seems better on that front. (Given the price, it ought to be!). I think I'd have to do too much digging around in the Kecci, and it would get on my nerves. Also, my husband thought it was ugly--not that this is a reason not to buy it! But it means he'll balk at carrying it.

I did think the Kecci was more comfortable in backpack mode. And I'm a little worried that the A7 will be a golden retriever hair magnet--always a problem in my house.

Thanks again.