PDA

View Full Version : Reese Li or Oi Oi Diaper Bags

K-Bear
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Does anyone have the above mentioned bags? If so, what do you think of them?

Specifically, I'm eyeing these two bags...does anyone know the quality of the bags? And for the Reese Li, how big is the Savannah style? Too big or just right?

http://www.tuttibella.com/reese-li-ebony-swirl-diaper-bags.html

http://www.tuttibella.com/oi-oi-charcoal-dot-diaper-bag.html

audball
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I can't speak about the Reese Li, but I had that OiOi Messenger and loved it! I only sold it because I had had it for awhile and I was itching for something new. It went to a friend of mine who loves it just as much as I did! :)

I thought the quality was great. I didn't have any issues with the interior, the wear and tear (had it for three years and it still looked new), or the functionality. My only tiny complaint was that the velcro on the side pockets were a little scratchy - the should have just reversed the velcro patches. Also, those side bottle pockets were a tight fit for the Avent bottles- but they did fit! They were insulated too.

I loved the lime green interior - it was a very mod, retro print. The accessories are great - OiOi has one of the best changing pads around, padded and a nice size. Plus it fastens with velcro! The insulated bottle holder was lime green too - so cute...

Ha! Sounds like I shouldn't have sold it, huh? ;)

K-Bear
05-19-2005, 06:51 PM

What is the outside of the OiOi Messenger like? From the picture, it looks a little shiny. Is it that way in real life?

I'm awful at picturing how large/small something is just be seeing dimensions - but how big was it? I'll be a first time mom (so obviously, this bag will be for a newborn) - was it big enough to hold everything a newborn needs?

And last question - what exactly was the PVC zipper top?

audball
05-19-2005, 11:11 PM
The outside is a matte finish - not shiny at all. It will appear a little shiny in certain indoor lights because it's nylon (which is great by the way -since some of the OiOi Messengers are cotton canvas, which attracts dirt!).

The dimensions were there, but I know what you mean. Smaller than a Mothership, larger than most other medium messengers (skip hops, Timbuk2 small messengers), about the size of a Timi & Leslie Large Bebe. :) Just realized that probably none of this makes sense if you haven't seen those bags! It will be enough for a newborn, provided you don't carry three changes of clothes, a ton of cloth diapers, and the kitchen sink - LOL!

Their PVC zipper top bag is basically a "sandwich bag" sized pouch with a zipper on top. It's supposed to be for dirties, but unless you diaper a Barbie doll, you ain't getting a dirty diaper or clothes in there (better to carry ziplocs for that). I used the bag for receipts and change, since it was see-through. It's just an extra that you could probably do without, but is nice to have.