PDA

View Full Version : Sunscreen?

Edensmum
05-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I was wondering if you have suggestions for sunscreen. DD has eczema so we use California Baby porducts and I bought their sunscreen but it is only spf 30 is this enough? Do I need 45, and if so recommendations for a sensetive skin brand?
Eden 9/04

tobycat
05-20-2005, 08:18 AM
We are using Lavera Sunscreen for babies (DD is 7 months). It is a mineral-based product which supposedly is easier on babie's skin. It is also SPF 30. I just try to keep her shaded as much as possible.

skipperlou
05-20-2005, 07:51 PM
My DS has eczema also (had since infancy, now 4 1/2). We found that applying Aquafor ointment prior to Nuetragena Sensitive Skin Suncreen worked best. Any sunscreen irritates his eczema, but this seems to minimize it. The Nuetragena is an SPF 30.

As for SPF 30, our pediatrician said babies don't need a higher SPF than 30. Just reapply as needed, wear a widebrimmed hat and protect their eyes.

HTH!
Lara

PS. We were using Protopic, a prescription ointment that was working very well, but the FDA issued a warning on it a few months ago. So, he already looks pretty bad before the full heat of summer has hit.