PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag - shower gift

gracies mom
05-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm going to a shower for a friend of mine in two weeks and trying to find the best bag to give her.

I'm not a fan of the huge "mothership" sized bags, but I love the size of the Fleurville Sling Tote and PPB Toddler Tote. I'm planning to fill the bag with all the things that I just couldn't have lived without when I had my daughter a few years ago.

So - which bag do you recommend and why? Any things that you highly recommend to include in the bag.

Thanks!

LD92599
05-21-2005, 06:23 PM
How about a Skip-Hop? They seem very popular (though i had one and sold and just bought a Dash - but haven't used it yet).

I'd say to include a pack of disposable bags (i love the ones from Target that have a black cord for them to "hang" from the strap of the diaper bag) plus

disp. changing pads
Diaper cream
wipes case and wipes
infant tylenol

Laura
mom to William

LKibala at optonline dot net

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

MommytoLayla
05-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I would agree with the skip hop. Also what about one of the LL Bean bags? I have one and it is very nice holds a lot but doesn't look huge.

As far as things to include all of the above...
I usually also carry some wet ones antibacterial wipes in the single packs, a lot of burp cloths (my dd was a big spiter upper), diapers of course and wipes. When her babies gets older she'll want some things like the snack trap and one of the portable diners.(rubber mat you roll out onto table when out to dinner and it suctions to table for a clean surface everytime.) I use it all the time with mine who is 13 months. Hmm I'll have to keep thinking because I'm sure there are more things that I bring along.

Shannon
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040421/3/0/1/-5/.png[/url]

jasabo
05-21-2005, 10:26 PM
I would love to have rec'd a PPB as a gift. It's one of those bags that are so expensive, you might feel guilty buying one for yourself, but to get one as a gift would be awesome!

I have a SH Dash that I really like, but HATE the velcro - they put the hard part on the bag rather then on the flaps, so it really scratches when you reach into pockets. They're redesigning it though and reversing the velcro, so I personally wouldn't buy one until that happens.

I have a ST on order but haven't seen it IRL so I can't comment on that. The Alpha 7 has always been my all around favorite bag though, even when my boys were young and I carried a lot. You can find them on eBay all the time, NWT.

What a nice friend you are!! She's going to love whatever you get, I'm sure.

Lisa - mom to 23 month old twin boys