PDA

View Full Version : Which bike trailer do you recommend?

andibon
05-22-2005, 02:17 PM
My sister has a 1-year-old and would like to buy a bike trailer. There is a small review in Baby Bargains (which I emailed to her) but I'd love to hear your experience.

Thanks,
Andrea

Saartje
05-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I think there's more of a review in Toddler Bargains.

I have a Chariot Cougar, which converts between a stroller, a jogging stroller, a bike trailer, and even can be used for hiking or cross-country skiing. We love it; very high quality, gives Ishie a smooth ride, easy to attach and detach to the bike, easy to convert, and its windscreen is very effective at protecting him from wind, bugs, and road dirt that would otherwise be kicked into his face by the bike tires.

If you run a search, you can find more reviews either here or in the stroller forum.

audball
05-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I found a lot of information in the stroller forum after doing an advanced search - I'd search under "bike trailer", "Burley" or "Chariot".

I would second the chariot cougar. We bought a cougar II which we used for about a week (until DD, who is 3 decided that she was *not* going to go in a bike trailer, period!). We got the stroller attachments and found that it was really easy to manuever. Great construction and it was a little wider than the Burley...DD had "personal space" issues with DS (who would actually hang his chubby leg over his sister while we were riding, so I can't blame her :)!).

Whatever you get, make sure to buy from a reputable retailer, since you may run into an issue where your child may not be ready for one just yet - only based on personal experience ;)!